5 - Chaos in the studio

Ajay 

It was just another day of the shoot but I was quite enthusiastic about it. It was already so overwhelming to meet my long lost enemy after 14 long years. 

I still cannot believe that I met Maya, after so many years. Not that I liked it but it was quite unexpected to see her as a reporter. She always wanted to become an actress as far as I remember. Maybe she has changed in all these years.

She was a little girl with dark brown short hair. The popular tomboy. She even fought with the 'bad boy' of our school for her friend. What was the name, again? Never mind.

She looked like a different girl; with long brown wavy hair which didn't change her tomboy–like attitude, wearing a blue top and black jeans; her camera hanging around her neck and holding the bag in her arms. 

These days have been too tiring with paparazzi and media all over me. Why are they so interested in my personal life? I can't even step a foot outside my house without the fear of the paparazzi following me. I always have to put a smile on my face because that's what everyone expects from me. But everything else is fine. Life is good.

I was waiting for the elevator to the fourth floor when I caught a glance at Maya. Her eyes were looking at the person in front of her with so much admiration. As I searched in her gaze, I found she was looking at Ishaan with all lovey-dovey looks. 

Ishaan is the descendant of the Kapoor family — the most influential family in the Bollywood industry. His good looks, rich personality and soft heart make girls fall head over heels for him. Unlike other rich star kids, he is far from a spoiled brat. He has been one of my close friends since the time I just entered the acting industry.

Girls loving him and praising his looks and performance are common things. But it was weird how Maya was looking at him like that and behaving like a girl all of a sudden.

She was smiling more than usual which made her look like an alien. She was making a fool out of herself. 

Maybe, her mental health got worse after growing up.

What is wrong with her? 

I sighed and reached for the elevator. I can't stop thinking about Maya and her alien behaviour. 

I guess she got a serious injury on her head. 

The shoot was ready while the make-up artists were giving the last touch. Sarah, my co-star and friend, was too busy taking selfies to post on her social media page while I was just staring at my phone wallpaper figuring out how to waste my time. 

After successfully wasting my time, looking at some random news and posts, we both got on the stage of the studio. All the cameras were focused on us. The producer was sitting with arms crossed, relaxed in his place while the director looked greatly stressed. I breathed heavily to calm myself and avoid all kinds of distractions. 

The scene was about the male character throwing the kind of look which would make the girl nervous. It was a CEO and office intern story. 

How I wish I could do this with Maya! It would be so entertaining, watching her like that — a poor, nervous girl. It has always been the other way round leaving the time when I used to tutor her under the supervision of aunty. Without her, she was always the same — the notorious girl boss. 

What am I thinking? I should focus on the scene.

"Focus Ajay, focus." I keep repeating these words in my mind. The director asked for the last time, "Ready?" I exchanged a glance with Sarah and showed a thumbs up.