30 - Being Good

Maya

I am feeling all kinds of emotions right now.

I rushed down to find answers to all my questions but when I saw his sad eyes, my mind went blank.

" Are you... okay?" He asked with eyes that had a lot in them. Sadness, despair, discomfort. I was confused as to why he would ask that. As a result, I just nodded.

" I am… fine and you?" In response, he just hugged me after observing my face.

I was caught off guard by his sudden gesture yet I stood still when he whispered, " I am sorry."

His sad voice knocked on my soul and I had the urge to hug him back, to console him even though I was confused at everything he was saying.

I wrap my arms around him and pat his back. He must have gone through a lot. I remember him running away from the room, his tearful eyes glancing at me before blending into the crowd.

" I will be moving out of my house." I pulled away in a jerk with the words. I stared at his deep gaze to see his determination.

He can't be serious. I know how he wants to bind together his close ones and his family then why this sudden decision?

" Ishaan, are you—?" I halted when I felt a chill on my spine. I became conscious of someone watching over me. What if someone is trying to click us together?

A second later, I pulled his hands and took him to the park where we had earlier met. " What happened Maya?"

" What happened to you? Why would you think of that? And where were you all these days? Ishaan, this is making me crazy. This shifting and all. What the heck is this?" My voice rose as I poured out my queries.

He sighed and made me sit on the bench. He sat next to me and said, " This is right. I have to leave that house. And after that day, I don't want to even look at my mother," he gritted his teeth, "On top of that, I feel so guilty about leaving you behind. You had to hear so many things." His face fell and I recalled that day when I was helplessly crying on the streets.

" I am sorry, Maya. You wanted to help me out but what did you get in return? Insults. I am mad at myself. Only if I didn't run away and stayed with you, then you wouldn't have suffered this much. This is my fault. Can you forgive me this once?" He asked with pleading eyes.

" I am not even worthy of saying sorry. I should've come back soon. I was being such a coward." He didn't look up.

I smiled sadly. " You are not at fault. I was being weak that day. Usually, I am not like that. You know, I am strong." I make a pout, attempting to divert the sentimental topic.

" But still you are a human. You have feelings too. Now, I can't live in that house. I already bought myself a flat," he said and my playful smile faded off. Of course, I felt hurt. I still remember his mother's piercing words but can I grieve over them all the time? No.

About him moving out, my heart still doesn't want him to break ties with his family. After all, she is his family. And for me, this family was breaking up.

" And I am not moving out because of that one incident only, there are many reasons so don't just think the wrong way." He gave me an assuring smile and I smiled back. I sensed his sorrow behind the smiling masked face.

" Ishaan, You never know the miracles of life. Tomorrow can get better and you may have your wish fulfilled."

" Hmm… I am a hopeful boy always," he said, winking his eyes, switching the serious mood to a playful one.