8 - Sibling diaries

Maya

" You are in Mumbai!" I sat upright on my bed with a jerk. It was hard to digest the fact that he came to Mumbai all the way from London, all of a sudden.

" Yes but you are not sleeping, are you? " Pranav chuckled which made all my anger drain away.

" You should have informed me earlier. Are you at the airport? I am coming to pick you up," I said, hurriedly wearing my slippers.

" No need. I took a taxi already. You stay in your room. Sit down and wait for me. Open the door only after looking through the eyehole." 

" Come soon!" I said excitedly and my heart leapt in joy. 

Finally, I will meet him after such a long time.

I ran towards Ayushi's room and knocked on it twice before getting inside only to find her immersed in her phone. Her eyes were popping out of her sockets as she kept on gaping at the screen. She won't bother to move even if there is an earthquake or tsunami. 

" Hey, Earth to Ayushi," I said, throwing a pillow at her face. She throws the pillow away, without looking away from the screen. I got up on her bed and sat by her side, peeking glances at her phone screen. Being conscious of the surroundings, she at once covered her phone and jumped to sit straight. 

" What were you watching like that?" I asked, elbowing her in a teasing manner, " Don't tell me it was Boys over Flowers ." 

" It indeed was," she said, smiling sheepishly. Boys over Flowers, her all-time favourite drama. I remember how she made me watch that drama more than a million times. Thanks to her, I still remember all the dialogues by heart and doubt it to ever forget them. 

" The F4 are so handsome! We are the only unfortunate left on this earth. Oh, now it's only me. You already got yourself two gorgeous actors. You are so fortunate. I envy you," she said while staring at the ceiling. 

" Two?" 

" Yes, One is Ishaan Kapoor and the other is Ajay," she said with enthusiasm. I smiled at the mention of Ishaan but soon faded when she talked about Ajay. If I would have been drinking water, I might have spilt it. 

Ajay? And Handsome? The weirdest combo. But who was I kidding? He really is good-looking and has sharp features much to my annoyance.

" Ajay? Please, he is not at all handsome. Don't ruin my mood. Okay now, listen to me, PRANAV. IS. COMING," I almost shouted the last words.

I looked at Ayushi, who was staring at me silently until she shouted," Finally, I will meet your miraculous brother about whom you don't stop talking. I am so excited! But hey, where will he stay? We only have two rooms. " 

" I don't know. What should we do then?" I asked while biting my nails.

" Let me shift into your room. My room is better presentable than yours. So, it won't take long to organise this room and shift my belongings." 

" Are you indirectly telling me that I should clean up my room?" 

" Any doubt on that," she shrugged. 

I sighed. " You are right. But I have already cleaned it up," I said, pouting my face. 

" If bundling out clothes and dumping inside the cupboard counts then, you are the world's best cleaner." 

" That's an art," I remarked, laughing out loud as she rolled her eyes.

We both got down from the bed and took part in cleaning and shifting things. After a while, everything was arranged and the room looked completely like a new one.