10 - Ms. Monkey and Mr. Idiot

Ajay

Too stubborn. 

This is how one can describe Maya. It took me like a century to pull her and make her sit in the car. My hands were still paining with the whole pulling scenario. I have never done such a thing in my entire life. Thanks to her, for this first-hand experience. 

It has already been an hour but still, she couldn't find her perfect clothes. She kept on chanting 'no' with thousands of reasons and excuses ready in her pocket. The fact is, there is only one reason: cost.

" Just take whatever suits you. I will pay for it." I was saying this every five minutes but as I mentioned, ' too stubborn.' 

" It...It's not about money! It doesn't suit me at all. The dress is too short and tight. Let's forget about this"–she glanced at her wristwatch and continued," Look, it's getting late. It won't look nice if I arrive late for the party. We should head that way." Saying that she proceeded to the exit door when I pulled her back. 

Grabbing her hands, I took her to the dressing and makeup room while she struggled to break free and kept on yelling, " What exactly do you want? Leave me." 

" You talk so much!" I said, glaring at her while she was equally shooting daggers at me.

" Can I help you, sir? " My eyes shifted towards the girl standing in front of me. 

" Yes, can you please get her a perfect party outfit which suits her? Also, make sure the make-up fits on her. She should look beautiful." In my mind, I already know that no makeup in the world can change her tomboyish attitude. 

Anyway… that is not at all my concern. It will come to me as a shock when she acts in a ladylike manner. And I am not prepared for that.

I sat on a chair and randomly scrolled through my phone to find hundreds of unread messages piled up. I had earlier turned off the notification tab because it is so irritating when it keeps on buzzing and vibrating each time a new notification pops up. 

I typed and replied to a few of them when I heard someone say, " Sir, take a look at your princess." 

I looked up to see Maya in a peach and blue long dress and her hair styled in a bun. She indeed looked gorgeous, unlike her face which told otherwise. I thought I noticed her lips curl up but then her face was soon back to her arrogant, angry and about-to-kill-you looks. 

But wait— did she say your princess?

" I think you are getting it wrong. She is just someone I happen to know. Please don't get the wrong meaning." I confirmed before she gets the whole thing wrong. 

My princess?! Never! 

I heard Maya sighing in relief while the girl attendant shifted her gazes back and forth. "Oh, I thought she was your girlfriend. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I will take the leave then if you say." 

She left soon after I nodded at her. I took steps closer to Maya who had a weird expression on her face. 

" I can't believe there was a dress in this world that would suit a monkey." Her face darkened at my remark and her eyes were about to shoot me dead. I snapped my mouth shut immediately.

Better to keep my mouth shut for now before she shuts it forever. 

" I will go out first. Then after a few minutes, come outside and hop in the car." I took out the key to the car from my pocket. Twirling it around my fingers, I stepped out of the shop almost forgetting about the paparazzi.

As expected a few were still standing. Anyways, I managed to escape. Getting inside the car, I started the ignition. After halting the car, I turned to find Maya searching around for the car.