38- Unexpected twist

Author's POV

"Ayushi, take the files to the team manager. He wants to check it." 

Busy typing the email on her laptop, Ayushi hardly looked up at her co-worker. 

"Don't forget it," her co-worker reminded her once again.

Ayushi groaned internally and frantically arranged her files that her dear team manager wanted to check through.

She walked down to the cabin to her manager who was happily playing on his mobile, acting all busy doing nothing useful. She didn't really react much as she was used to this from her new team manager.

It would have been weird if he actually worked.

"Keep it there and take all those files. Complete it by today." He pointed at a set of files as high as a mountain sitting royally on his desk. 

"Recheck these two files and hand them to team 2. " He handed her two files and resumed his game. 

Ayushi glared at him in rage. If only she had a dagger, she would have stabbed him right now without any regret. If only she had access to gun, he would've been dead by now. This pathetic excuse for a team manager, she thought.

She managed to carry all those files. "If you can, better do some work. Aren't you tired of idling around?" She spit out her anger before darting out of the room.

She could hear him scream loudly just enough for the employee to stare at her but she couldn't care less. "Do you know who I am? How dare you?" 

Few of them shook their heads and ignored it as it became a daily drama, a few laughed and giggled and a few even started gossiping but Ayushi was way above all this. It really didn't affect her anymore.

So, what if he is getting engaged to the daughter of the boss? He is just leaching off the company like he owns it, Ayushi grimaced.

★★★

"You got into another argument with Mr. Pot? It's spreading like wildfire in the company,"  Anshumann said, smoking his cancer stick.

They were standing on the rooftop, the only secret escapeway to peace after long tiring hours of preparing and creating presentations. 

"You really have to smoke here as well?" 

He looked dissatisfied at my question but soon retorted, "Hey, this is the only place which is not a 'No Smoking zone'. Where else am I supposed to smoke? But that is not the point here." 

Ayushi shrugged her shoulders and said, "Yeah, that lazy pot! Sitting all day like a log with no work whatsoever. I have so many complaints that it will take me 366 days to complete it." 

She stomped her legs in a fit of anger. 

"Hey, did you hear anything about the dating scandal about Maya?" 

"What about that?" She asked, suddenly her curious bones sticking out to listen. She very well knew that Anshumann, the office Rumour Box, knew all the rumours around the office. His popularity among the girls is really helpful sometimes.

 "Well, it seems like someone from the broadcasting team of our company is getting paid for defaming Maya. Of course, the picture was not supposed to be leaked in the first place. Then again, I am not quite sure but I heard when the higher ups were smoking here," he said, looking up at the sky.

"If this is true, we should be concerned," he muttered. 

Ayushi was shocked. She couldn't believe that someone from the company might be behind this.