41- Parcels for Date

Maya

"How are you?" Ishaan asked in a soft voice.

"I am fine! How about you? It's been so long." I rolled over the bed, feeling exceptionally happy.

"Hmm… so, is everything alright?" I was taken aback by his serious voice but soon shrugged it off. I must be overthinking again.

"Yup. What can go wrong? As you advised me, I listened to my heart." I still remember when I was pissed off with my life and Ajay and ended up venting out everything on him over the text. But there he was, charming and thoughtful as always, listening to my bantering and not even judging. 

It wouldn't be justified if I don't give him credit for giving me the boost of confidence to spill my feelings for Ajay. 

"Is it so? Good. Then… Did you confess to him?" His voice came low unlike his usual voice. 

"Umm… yeah. Thanks to you! Without you, I don't think I would have the courage." I smiled kindly, even though I knew he couldn't see me. 

"Ah… I am flattered," he spoke as I felt his voice waver. "Maya, I… um, kind of had something… to tell you."

My smile ceased as my heart beat fast against my chest. A thousand raw questions ran across my head over a second, leaving me blank like a white sheet. I had a weird bad feeling about this.

"What happened?" I asked when a screeching sound came slowly and the sound changed into a musical beat as if a musical band was playing their instruments over my head.

"Shit. What is this sound?" I walked over to the door and saw a note near my slippers. 

Be ready and come down. I will be waiting…

"Oh, what's this?"I recognized his handwriting. Gosh, my heart skipped a beat! But what's up with this weirdo, now? 

"Are you okay, Maya?"I heard a cautious and scared voice from the other end of the phone. I almost forgot about the call. 

"Yeah, I am okay. It's just that weirdo Ajay. I don't know what he is up to."

"Oh, you must be busy. Enjoy your day… I should hang up now,"he said half-heartedly.

"Hey, you wanted to say something, didn't you?"

"That's not very important. Enjoy yourself and please, be safe." He hung up the call before I could say anything. What is wrong with him? What was he about to tell me? 

Soon, the musical beat manipulated my thought cycle. I pressed my ears to stop that freaking sound to burst my eardrum. Unable to control the sound anymore, I stomped out of my room.

"Who the hell went mad?" I screamed when I tumbled on the box near my feet. Thankfully, I didn't fall over it. There was something written on it. 

Open it :) 
With love

I blinked at it and scorned how cheesy all of this was. When I was about to go back to my room, I saw Amar coming towards me, panting badly.

"Maya, take this," Amar handed me a box and said, "And get ready fast. Ajay would be waiting for you."

Before I could ask any further questions, he scurried off. 

What is this? 

I glanced at the box and ran inside my room like an excited bunny. 

★★★

Ajay

I checked my dress and face for another time. My anxious heart was not able to calm so I decided to stroll around.