44- It's a wrap up

Ajay 

"And that's a wrap-up!" 

Finally, the day came. It's the wrap-up of our film that we were all so busy making come true. The special thing about a movie is we are all nervous and excited in the beginning, we go through so much stuff together. Making new relations, and new friends and sometimes new partners, the ones with whom we see ourselves together. 

Things do change. Just like me and Maya. If not individually but we changed collectively. We became 'us'. 

All things changed in this very movie set. Our hate, our first scene together, our stupid conversations and arguments and slowly but beautifully, how our all arguments led to the moment we are living now. 

"So, Mr Ajay, it's finally a wrap-up. How does it feel?" Maya asked me, holding her phone right in front of my face, starting her pretend show as a reporter.

I smiled at her and her phone's camera and replied, "I don't know. What do you think?" 

She thought a little before giving her reply, "I think... It's nice. I don't have to see you again." She smiled widely, showing all her teeth. She soon started laughing out loudly, holding her stomach. 

I raised my eyebrow which made her stop immediately. She stood up straight and coughed. "Oh, my stomach aches. I will come back soon." She makes an excuse to escape but I held her hand, pushing her to the vanity van behind her.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I asked, looking at her if she still remembers it. I could well guarantee that by now, she forgot it already. Still, I thought I must ask her if she remembers it.

"What is it?" As expected, she tries hard to remember yet she doesn't.

I bent forward to see her face more clearly but she kept looking everywhere but me. I held her warm face with my cold ones only to see her cheeks turning all red. She shoves my hand away and sighs. "What is it? Do you want to die?" 

She rubbed her cheeks and turned at me. "Why are you staring like that? My heart is racing." She pats her heart in frustration but that only made her look more cute. 

Seeing her like that made me so excited and amused. "You remember the thing in the mall? I told you that you need to promise to give me one thing." 

She recalls it and nods diligently. "So... should I ask?" I was reluctant and hesitant to ask this to her but I couldn't really sleep at night because of this. That day when we stood in the empty movie set, I noticed her lips. Since then, I was turning crazy.

I tried breathing exercises and even yoga, but I couldn't forget her and her soft lips. When she nodded again, I felt like this is it. It felt like this would be the only chance. "Kiss." 

Maya looked utterly shocked at the mention of a kiss. Her mouth opened wide while her eyes became big and round. She pressed her lips, triggering all the emotions that I was barely managing to keep inside me. 

"So, you want a... kiss?" Her facial expression changed and she looked like she was hardly controlling her laugh. She covered her mouth and took a deep breath. "Why did this feel so filmy?" She broke into fits of laughter after she cracked that so-called joke. 

"Then kiss," she said, after handling her laughter well enough.

I was in shock. I never really expected her to agree so easily. "Should I? You are not backing off, right?" I asked, just in case.

She shook her head and replied, "I will not back off. Just do it." She brings her face closer. I was about to come closer when a built-up man dashed past us, screaming over his phone, "Hey, bastard, won't you return my money? It's been ages."