9 - Party and Makeover

The trailer is posted in the 1st chapter. Check it out❤! Would love to know your views on it.

~•~

Maya

" Done! " Pranav exclaimed as he told me to open my eyes.

My eyes fell on my reflection in the mirror, making me gasp in disbelief. I was shocked, to explain more vividly, bewildered at my own reflection.

What the hell is this?!

I turned to face Pranav with a blank face who was entirely impressed by his creation. When I was about to speak out my thoughts, he held out his hands to stop me as if he already knew what I was about to say.

" I know I am very talented and if you're gonna say 'thank you' then no need for it," he said while ruffling my hair. I turned towards the mirror and hung down my face, losing my hopes of knocking sense into his brain. It would be useless whatsoever.

" Coffee time..." Ayushi came inside with three mugs of coffee. She stopped in her tracks when she saw my new look. I expected something dramatic here with the coffee mug breaking into pieces and the coffee splitting all over the place.

But nothing of that sort happened. Gladly.

Ayushi approached us with a weird smile pasted on her face, handing over the coffee to Pranav and said, " You have worked hard. Drink it to replenish your energy."

" Thank you." Pranav happily accepted the coffee. When I turned towards Ayushi, she was pressing her lips, trying hard to suppress her laughter and ran away immediately. I sighed deeply in frustration.

I am done for.

" Are you okay, Maya?" Pranav asked, seeing me restlessly moving about my place.

" No, it's fine...I need to go to... washroom," I said and got up from the chair.

I immediately went to the balcony to take out my frustrated feelings. I shouted at the top of my lungs letting heaven and hell know how much suffering I am going through. Dramatic right? Well... that's exactly the definition of my life.

I could have told Pranav but somehow I didn't want to ruin his happiness. He did all of it out of his love for his little sister, his personal 'monkey'. How could I tell him when I fall under the same category?

" Hey, Are you okay?" I turned around to find Ayushi, still trying her best to control her laughter.

" Yes, laugh if you want. You don't have to control it." As I finished saying, she burst into laughter.

" You... are... looking like a..."

She was laughing too much, making it hard for her to say anything. After a few seconds, when she was finally in a stable condition, she told me, " I shouldn't have laughed but you know... I just couldn't stop. You should have told me. Anyways, we still have time. Don't worry, I will help."

I saw Pranav coming near and giggling at Ayushi who tried hard to stop herself from laughing. I couldn't understand their gestures but finally when they clapped there and laughed out loud like a maniac, I realized they were playing pranks on me.