36- Future Husband

Maya  

" Maya, any progress?" Ayushi asked for the umpteenth time. By this time, I have learnt a very important life lesson and that is to never share your personal feelings of love with your hopeless romantic friend. 

I just wish I could undo that mistake but unfortunately, God didn't create such a button in reality. 

I frustratingly groan, cursing under my breath. " Ayushi, patience please."

" Wow! Don't you speak about patience, okay? I have waited for a damn week to get the new update on the recent drama that I have been watching." I sighed thinking about her huge achievement. Of course, it's appreciable how she didn't eat up my brain in her waiting process. 

" Thank you, madam." 

" Welcome… hey, you are diverting me. Just tell me, Did you confess to him?" 

" It isn't that easy," I murmured. It's been the second day of me shooting without him. By the time he comes for his shoot, I would get over with mine and we hardly made time to see each other. 

I am starting to miss him already. But confessing is a whole new chapter and I don't even know if that is possible now with the barrier of the media. I have been giving it a thought for the last few days yet I am unaware. Maybe, dropping off the idea is better. 

" I can't tell him these things now. It can get out of my hand," I added. 

" Then what? Wait and watch? Maya, it's a relationship. It may well turn out that before you know, he gets out of reach. If you are sure that your heart is longing for him, just stick to him. At least for your heart's sake. Have mercy on it." 

Longing for him? It must be when I am wishing to talk to him for hours, to play roles with him and enjoy the little chit-chats. Yes, my heart is longing for him.

" If you are still doubtful, did you ever feel this thing when you were with Ishaan?" she asked. I was instantly reminded of how he bought me the cap, how he used to cheer me up and how his 'Future wife' thing stuck in my heart many times but it was a feeling that stayed for a few moments. It never took me into such deep emotions like with Ajay. 

" No. It wasn't like that with him." 

She let out a sigh of relief," Finally, I got my main lead and second lead. Thanks, girl." 

I mentally roll my eyes. " But I don't know about confession and all." 

" Why are you scared? Well, you love him, right?" 

I felt a sudden chill in my spines with the L-word. " Love… is a more strong word. It is something you use only at the most special time. Like is a better word to use right now. " 

My fingers played along with the hem of the dress, thinking of my changing relationship with Ajay over time; how 'soul-enemies' turned to 'friends' and now somewhere between friends and lovers. I don't know what I should label it as. 

As I recall all the moments with him, I heard a click of the camera, making me turn my head up. To my utter shock, I saw the cameraman recording me. 

" W...what happened?" I stuttered. My breath hitched at the thought that he listened to my whole conversation.

" The way you explained love was note-worthy so, why not include it in the behind the scenes? Take a look at it." My heart was almost in my throat, choking the life out of me as I took a glimpse of the video.

Gladly the recording didn't have any mention of Ajay. As soon as he happily walked off with the recording, I heaved out a sigh of relief. 

" What a quote!" Someone exclaimed and I turned to see Rajiv sir standing beside me.