12- A Sudden Offer

Maya

Guess what? I am the happiest person alive on the earth right now.

My heart thumped loudly in my chest as I looked at his heartwarming smile. This night is getting better already. Making friends with Sarah and Ishaan and being a member of one of the biggest party of the industry is not something I thought to be possible.

After some time, Sarah took me with her to take a peek at the delicious dishes set up for the night, leaving Ajay and Ishaan behind.

" Oh, wow. Gulab Jamun. Why did I start my diet plan? What do you think? Should I drop my diet and just get this into my tummy?" Sarah asked me with expectant eyes for me to tell her the answer she wants to hear.

" Wouldn't it be a problem if you are breaking your diet plan midway?" I asked with a light chuckle.

Her eyes turned sad while she got absorbed in thoughts. After a while of thinking hard, she finally took it and gulped it down. " Ah... this is what is called pleasure. Screw diet. "

I couldn't help but laugh at her delighted face. "Looks like you really love Gulab Jamun, " I said while watching her gulp down two of them simultaneously.

" I love everything that I am not supposed to eat," she replied without a change in her face-," But hey, why are you not having anything? Just finish up before anyone gets. Food is the best part of a party. You agree, right?"

It's surprising how she manages to spill her inner thoughts. I am sure I think about this every time I am at a party but I doubt I have ever revealed it.

A while later, I heard a few people calling Sarah over their group. Sure she is pretty sociable and gets along well. I felt much at ease with her and somehow my nervousness vaporized into the thin air. " Make yourself comfortable. I will come soon." As she left, I took a Gulabjamun and slowly gulped it down. This is too good. Wow.

" Maya?" I turned to see the assistant director standing in front of me. What was his name again? Dummy me! How did I forget his name?

I forced a smile to not show what is going on in my mind and that I don't remember his name. I gave him a 'hi' and silence fell between us. After an awkward moment of silence, he breaks the tension. "Raghav here."

I gawked. It was as if he read through my mind. Soon after, he breaks into a laugh. Without knowing anything, I laugh along with him.

" You should have seen your face. You could have asked my name directly." My laugh ceased as we continued chit-chatting after solving the name guessing puzzle.

We slowly started talking over movies. Even though I haven't watched many movies recently, I knew about them, thanks to my job as an entertainment reporter.

" Maya, How about you try acting? You have got some real nice expressions. You should definitely give it a try."

When he said that all of a sudden, my mind went blank for a second or two. Acting? No way. That was my dreadful past. I cannot get into acting again no matter how much I regret it.

I let out a chuckle, hoping to hear that he was joking.

" Why would you laugh? I am serious." His sincere gaze fell upon my face. I knew he wasn't kidding but how could I get into acting again? Most importantly, why would he offer me this advice all of a sudden?

" You will do great once you step into this world. Then again, I am not forcing you. This is my card,"- he handed me a card-," I will be working as the assistant director of the upcoming film, '30 days'. They haven't decided on the cast yet. If you are interested in the auditions, you can call me anytime, now that we are friends. "