45- Family reunion

Maya

I couldn't stop smiling at the first look photo of our film, 'Thirty days'

The feeling was surreal. I will never be able to explain it in words. The inexplicable fear along with the joy to see yourself in the first look pictures was all telling about my journey along the whole world of our film. 

"Maya?" I turned to hear Ajay's voice. "Biscuit?" He asked, munching on his biscuit. 

 I couldn't help but smile. "Thank you." When I didn't stop staring at him, he asked, "Anything wrong?"

"Um… no. Just thinking. So many things have changed and I can't believe that I am having my debut movie." 

"I know right? Your dreams are coming true," he said and I nodded at him, turning to look outside the window. We were sitting in the cab and in a few minutes, we would be at our parent's house.

My phone beeped with Akash's message.

Sorry miss, I think I am not gonna make it today. Enjoy the family time anyway. Let's meet another time.

My face fell at the message. With a grumpy pout, I wrote back.

Fine. But we should meet another time okay?

In a few seconds, he replied back.

Sure :)

I sighed. "Hey, Akash is not coming but Lina is coming, right?" I asked just when his phone rang loudly. He sighed at the caller id and showed it to me. "Talk of the devil and there she is." 

I nudged him playfully, as he picked up the call. "Hello bhaiyaaa! Guess where I am? In Pune. I came back from my medical camp and I am waiting here. Where are you anyway?" 

We were already in front of the playground behind our houses. "We are here." As the car came to a halt, we both got out of the car and smiled at Lina who looked like she arrived just now too.

She grinned widely, waving to us as we went to her. "Oh, so the childhood rivals are lovers now. I freaking knew it." She teased. 

Ajay was shocked to see his little sister teasing like that. "Hey, what are you talking about? Kids shouldn't talk that way." He looked taken aback by what Lina had just now said. I blinked at his reaction.

Turning to Lina, I saw her raising her eyebrows, glaring at him. She grimaced, "Kid? Me? Do you want to die?" 

Ajay's mouth went wide when he heard her. "What? I am your elder brother." At that time, Lina got a phone call from her friend. "I? Arguing with my useless brother. I don't even know why he is acting like a father," she said over the phone, walking towards the house. 

"Hey, come here right now. Hey." He kept shouting while following her. I had a big smile on my face. Witnessing their sibling fights had always been so fun for us. I looked around the neighbourhood that had our childhood memories together.