legends

~Samuel~

I sat in the chair reading the books the pack owned. Many books were rather new no old legends were here. I sighed and shut the last book on wolf markings. I looked up as the door opened. “it’s been three months she’s still not waking up!” Ross stated shouting at me. “it takes time so far all I know is something powerful casted a spell on that tree to teach her something. When she wakes and she will you can ask her.” Ross and his friend Aray wanted to kill me after the tree encounter in the woods after I explained what happened to them I wasn’t allowed to leave ever. I sighed and he sat across from me. “she needs to wake up.” He stated I shrugged and asked “you care for her that much?” he nodded and said “she’s my life.” I never understood wolves.

“so you’d die with her?” I asked. He nodded saying “I couldn’t live without her.” I raised a brow it was like the fish swimming upstream once again against the flow. “your species are strange to me.” He stated he shrugged and said “yours is weird to me too how can you not care for anything but yourselves?” I smirked and said “we protect ourselves but we care about the time we keep and what we learn.” He rolled his eyes saying “that’s selfish to me.” I shrugged and then he asked “why are you so interested in Shay anyways?” I smirked and said “I was told that she can teach me of the beings called the warriors.” Ross laughed saying “that old legend that’s been dead for years.” I shrugged and stated “it’s what I was told so I will wait for her to wake up.” He nodded and said “do whatever you want but you harm her and I’ll kill you Samuel.” I nodded.

He walked back out leaving me to the books. As I walked up to the book case I saw a lovely red book. I picked it off the shelf and opened the cover. I started to flip through the pages seeing nothing of interest I went to put the book back when I saw a small piece of wood sticking out of the wall. I pushed it back into place and a little hatch in the book case opened up. I raised my brow strange didn’t think shifters were sneaky. I opened the hatch and found a small letter. I took the letter, closed the hatch, put the book back and sat back in my chair I opened the letter seeing a note with a larger piece of paper. I read the note first. “this map will lead you to the ancient library of the shifters it’s a well hidden secret so keep it to yourself young alpha.” I smirked and walked out. “Alpha boy!” he walked over and I handed him the note.

“what does this have to do with anything!” he growled. “I wish to go there to see what I can find out.” He sighed and said “alright. Aray watch Shay!” the other male nodded and I followed the alpha Ross out. We walked through the forest for hours. Ross had the map as I followed maybe this is where I needed to be. We reached the side of the mountain where the trees were thickest. Ross walked up to a tree and slammed his fist against it the bark moved like a door opening up. “come on magic boy.” He stated I glared not liking that nickname. We walked in and I saw statues of wolves and men all made of stone leading up a large stone stair case. We reached the top and I saw cavers of rows of books all ancient. This place was well hidden and well preserved. Ross leaned on a wall and said “go on.” I walked in looking down the rows. Until I heard a faint chant…