The Book

[author's note: this is my last update for today I figured you guys needed a bit more to read. enjoy and don't forget to comment.]

 “the earth, the fire, the water, return…” Ross walked by me. “you hear that?” he asked I nodded and we followed the echoing chant. We wandered through the halls the chant got louder with more voices as we got closer we came to a long hall behind the books. What was this? We walked in seeing paintings among the wall each was a different species but all had markings on their body, some it was on their faces, others their arms, or shoulder. We reached a locked door “got a key?” I joked. Ross rolled his eyes and kicked the door forcing it open. The song stopped. We froze it was another hall. Suddenly a soft chant like a whisper started, slowly more voices joined in the chant, we walked down the hall and a hum joined the whispering chant. Then a voice louder than the others joined in. We were half way down the hall as an angelic choir hit one note with the chant.

More and more voices were joining all different ranges hitting different notes, and then male voices joined in singing. The voices grew louder and louder until we reached yet another locked door. Ross kicked it again and the voices grew softer, the same chant was the only thing they sang. We looked in seeing a large book on a pedestal with a large lock. We walked up and I reached out touching the faded inscription, I read aloud as I ran my hand over the letters. “the warrior of all.” I turned to Ross. “this is what I’ve been looking for. We have to get it open!” he laughed and said “good luck with that. I’m going back to my mate you can hang out here with a few guards and try to open the stupid book.” I nodded and Ross walked away.

I tried magic on the lock a small spell. The book fired back at me I hit the ground. I got back up and grabbed a metal candle holder and tried to pick the lock, the book threw the pick out. I sighed and tried another spell. I hit the ground again as the book fired back. This was some serious magic. Two guards walked in with two large bags. “we have food and water enough for us to stay for a few months while you try to get that thing open.” I nodded and turned back to the book. I had to get this open. The guards leaned on the walls as I studied the book. “any luck magic boy?” one asked. I glared at him as he chuckled.

“you try.” I challenged he laughed and his friend grabbed an end on the book and pulled. As they pulled I watched the book pull with them then suddenly their head hit and they fell back. I chuckled at them. “shut it we almost had it.” They shouted. I smirked and stated “we can’t open it by ourselves.” They didn’t listen and right back to pulling the book. I rolled my eyes why not. I used magic and we all tried. The Chant started up again I forced my magic harder as the book started to glow. The voices… they were the book. The wolves were blasted back as the book glowed a shining blue color. I was thrown out of the room. I landed at the beginning of the hall as the wolves got back up shaking their heads. I watched as the chanting book floated back onto the stand where I took it from.

What magic was this? Who casted this spell. I knew I couldn’t break the spell but I also knew  I this magic was ancient and whoever casted the spell was long gone so asking them was out of the question. The glow of the book died down and went away as did the chant. I starred at the book. “man that’s some trick.” One wolf laughed. I smirked. “were going to need to get this open and were gonna need help.” They nodded and I stated “I’ll be right out from I need a smoke.” They went back to pulling on the book. I rolled my eyes at them brute strength wouldn’t do us any good. I walked out to the front and leaned on the tree. Where did that sell come from? I light my cigar and took a nice long puff. That book…

[authors note: if you want to hear the chant that they heard type in Witches chant 98 and that's the song.]