old ways

~Shay~

Darkness that’s what I could see… nothing. I was surrounded in darkness. As I laid there I couldn’t move. I looked to the sky and listened I heard children laughing, feet moving, I felt someone holding me. “hush now my child.” A voice whispered as I heard a chant around me. It started faint then grew louder and louder until there were so many voices chanting the same thing. I heard a male voice near me chanting the same words as the others. Then the woman voice that spoke to me chanting “though you may fight and you may grow your loyalty will always remain to your home. When you’re older you will understand.”  What did that mean? So many noises around me so many scream, calls for help. Yet I couldn’t move. I couldn’t do a single thing I felt helpless. Weak… more screams were heard as people cried out for help. I struggled against the force holding me there but what was there to struggle against when I felt nothing.

~Samuel~

I sat behind a desk we put on it’s side and blasted a unlock spell at the book then we ducked. We had a bet going on whoever opened the book first won and we had to pay them two hundred each.  So far no luck. The guards who I found out are Gabriel and Josh threw rocks at the book. “DOWN!” Gabe shouted and hit the dirt magic and two rocks flew over our heads. “man what’s with that book!” Josh screamed I shrugged and we tried again. We’ve been here for eight months trying to get that dam thing open! We had the room looking like a battle field. Gabriel and Josh tackled the book like it was some kind of training exercise. They kept pulling as I ducked down behind the table once again. I heard the chant start up again.  I sighed and heard the loud thump that came after the chant. I got up seeing Gabriel and Josh on opposite sides of the room. I laughed out saying “didn’t we try that already.” They glared at me but the positions they were in… Josh’s head was on the floor with his legs hanging down. Gabriel was twisted against a chair.

“shut up were trying!” I heard a faint laughter fill the air and groaned. “Go away Diana!!” I shouted she appeared in the doorway and stated “you found the lock but not the key.” I groaned and grumbled “no more riddles.” She smiled and said “once what was and once shall be all together the way it should be.” I raised a brow “once what... what?”  I hear growls and then looked behind me “what does that mean!” Josh growled then Gabriel threw the book at her. “speak English witch!” the book touched her right after it touched Gabriel and the chant started. “what does this chant mean Diana?” I asked she smiled and then vanished saying “forge the old ways.”