through the door

~Shay~

I walked into the library and followed Orieus. As we walked down I heard “Hey wait up!” I turned seeing Cleo run over with Logan and Ash behind her. “were not being left out anymore.” She stated I smiled and walked with my best friend. We walked down seeing Samuel and Diana starring at a giant square hole in the wall looks like a bookcase was there. “hey it moved when I pulled this out.” She showed a purple book with a full white moon on it. I nodded and we walked down the new tunnel. As we walked there was some kind of ledge in the walls it had a liquid in it. Ross removed my hand from it and took out a lighter.

He pressed the lighter to the wall and I watched as the ledge caught on fire and it went down showing the tunnel led to stairs that went down in a turn. As we walked I saw the pictures that were on the wall in the library were along the wall with the stairs. Theses paintings were different, they weren’t the same each was holding something different. The centaur was holding a witches hat, the wolf was holding a horse shoe, the witch was holding a sea shell, a siren was holding a warlock pendant and the warlock was holding a wolf fang, the vampire was holding a silver glass, the necromancer was holding a vampires vampire robe and the human was holding a necromancers ring.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and I saw a large room with a round circle table in the center. “Hello?” Cleo shouted. “no one’s here Cleo.” Ash stated and walked past up to the table touching the shell suddenly a spike shot out and Ash ducked. “Don’t touch!” I shouted. He nodded and back up. “ok um let’s try touching what the pictures touch.” Every one nodded and Ash ran up the stairs shouting what each was holding. “OK! Centaur witches hat!”

Orieus stepped forward taking the witches hat. “the shifter horse shoe!” I was about to step forward when Ross took my shoulder saying “I’ll be the wolf ok?” I nodded and Ash shouted “good we don’t need a mad alpha!” I held in my laugh that was so long ago. Ross smirked and shook his head taking the horse shoe. “alright the witch the sea shell!” Diana took the shell. “the siren some kind of pendant.” We looked at each other. “can I go on!” he shouted. “NO! WE NEED CORAL AND NATHAN BACK!” ash groaned and sat down. Diana put the shell back where she found it and looked at me I nodded and she vanished in the blink of an eye.

In the next instant there stood Nathan holding Coral with Diana. She picked up the shell again and Coral asked “what do I have to hold?” Ash screamed “THE FUCKING PENDANT! I WANNA GET OFF THE STAIRS MY BUTTS GOING NUMB!!!” I laughed as did everyone else Coral picked up the pendant and I said “continue ask so your butt can wake up.” I heard his feet moving “the warlock holds the wolf fang… WHERE THE FUCK DID HE GET THE WOLF FANG!”

I rolled my eyes Samuel took the fang and held it at arm’s length. “the vampires holding the silver glass.” No one heard anything then page stepped forward and Ask shouted “Necromancers holding vampire robe! And the humans holing the ring!” Ash walked into view and asked “where do we get a vampire and human again?” I stepped forward and took the glass and syth. “SHAY NO!” Ross screamed. Nothing happened. We all looked around nothing tired to kill me. I watched as banners fell around the room against the walls. Each was a symbol.

The vampire and human were next to each other. “ok um stand in front of your symbol.” Every one moved and I stood between the vampire and human banner. As soon as the last foot was in place the room shook and the stairs vanished the room turned. As it turned we could feel the bumpy floor turning below us. Ash was standing in front of where the stairs use to be. The turning slowed and  the doorway opened to light. It looked like the door I saw when I died… how was that possible? Did we all die? Was I wrong?

Diana stood still as did everyone else. Cleo was the first to walk to the door and open it looking in. “it’s beautiful..” she stated and walked through Logan was right behind her Ash walked over and looked back as us. Then he walked through. Josh was next to walk to the door Page put her object down back on the round table and we all followed her. One by one we all walked through the door until only Ross and myself were left. “ready?” he asked taking my hand.

[author's note: ok i have to say thank you to Queentero for the new cover of my book! I love it! thanks for all your positive feedback and thank you for your awesome comments!]