Chapter 4

When the bell goes off for lunch, I walk by my Science class and ask my teacher to get the handouts she said she was giving today for extra practice for our exam coming up.

"Hey Jessy, I knew you'd stop by sooner or later." 

Mrs. Holand is my favourite teacher. She always makes sure we have our marks up and pay attention during her classes. I look over the handouts on the way back to my locker, seems to be pretty easy. 

As I walk through the halls, I pass by Harry, Jimmy, Will and the rest of his friends. I always find it so intimidating, as if they're all judging. I feel as if they always talk behind my back or something. 

"I have the answers to our science exam tomorrow, Ill text you guys it" Jimmy says. How does he get the answers to an exam? Harry turns arounf as his arm extends, placing a crumpled piece of paper on my books. I continue walking to get to my next class and put my phone away. I open the crumpled note that says Call me 378-445-1221. I know I should be happy about this, but deep down I know what this is. I'm his next game, he just wants to get in my pants. I throw the note in the garbage before taking my seat. It's weird, you'd think this is what I've wanted all along, his number so that I could talk to him but I feel th opposite. 

"Awn is Jess having a bad day?" Chelsea interrupts my thoughts.

"My name is Jessy, and no my day is good" I respond aggravated by her.

"As much as mine went last night?" She whispers in my ear with a giggle.

By the end of the day I'm just tired of everyone and can't wait to be home for the weekend. The bus ride goes well and as I walk through my front door my mom is there waiting for me.

"Hey Honey! How was your day today?"

Why is everyone asking me this? Does it really matter?

"Fine" I answer her shrugging my shoulders. I make my way to my bedroom upstairs. I don't think I've ever climbed so many stairs in my life, my legs feel like bricks. I take a seat on my bed and stare at my ceiling. Finally, being able to lie down and relax. Quiet.