Chapter 19

[JESSYS POV]

As we make eye contact once again, he brushes his thumb just above my cheek bone. I can feel him watching me. I push his arm away and my phone starts to vibrate on the dashboard of his car. As we both see, its Harry. I look towards Jimmy and quickly grab my phone.

"Hello." I say, answering his call.

"Jessy, where the hell are you? I've been drivi--" Harry's voice cuts off after Jimmy's phone starts ringing. His ringtone is a part of a song but I can't make out which song exactly. Jimmy struggles with his hands, trying to turn down the volume.

"Jessy?" Harry says

"Who are you with?" He asks me. Jimmy and I both stay silent, not knowing what to say.

"Harry I just got home, that was my moms' phone, why?" I try.

"Nothing, just thought I recognized the sound." He tells me.

"Ok Harry, I have to go now. Bye." I say. After he says goodbye, I hang up and look back at Jimmy. Just as he goes to speak, his phone rings.

"It's Harry..." He tells me. He presses the phone right against the side of his cheek, he looks at me, not knowing how to respond.

"Hello" he says.

I can't hear the other line, Harry's words aren't clear to me.

"Nah man, I'm at home." Jimmy says.

"Why, you're still talking to that chick?" Jimmy answers, letting out a laugh. He finally hangs up.

"What did he say?" I ask him out of curiosity.

"He just wanted to know where I was..."

"You know, Harry actually cares about you." He blurts out, trying to hold back his words. I open the car door and start walking. Jimmy drives off quickly. By the time I get home, its late at night and my mother is already sleeping upstairs. As I make my way to the kitchen, I pull off my wet socks. Barely making any noise, I grab my shoes, placing them over the heater to dry. As soon as I reach my bedroom, I begin undressing myself. Knowing my mother is sleeping, I keep the light turned off. Harry's shirt that I was wearing is quickly taken off. Going into my closet, I grab a hoodie and a new pair of underwear, carrying them into my bathroom. I close the door and I flip the light switch on. I look at the time and see its already 8:30. Yawning I look at myself in the mirror. Everything looks destroyed, from my looks to my emotions. All because of this one day with my father, with Harry asking if I love him, looking through my phone... I regret getting myself involved, and not only for this reason he gave me today. Harry was a stubborn boy, he acts as if he knows what he wants in life, but in reality, he doesn't, he just thinks he does. Having your whole life planned out, that's what everyone wants. A destiny? I open the shower curtain, turning the knob to a warm temperature. Harry might had good intentions for me. Maybe I am the problem, not him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Short chapter sorryy]