Chapter 14

[HARRY'S POV]

*Monday night*

Jess and I haven't talked all weekend. There wasn't really a reason behind it, we just had nothing to say I guess.

I thought she'd be the one to text me by now but she was probably busy or something.

Its a good thing I had Monday off. I wasn't prepared to face my friends and what they were going to say about Jess and I. They know I'm not into girls like her. After seeing us arrive at Jimmy's party together, they must know something is up.

•••

*Tuesday morning*

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. My eyes feel tired. Dressed in only my boxers, I step out of my bed, onto my carpet. I open my drawer, pulling out a white shirt, along with black ripped jeans. I pull the shirt over my head and gently pull my jeans up to my waist. On my way to my kitchen, I go into my sisters room, checking if the red dress was ever put back. I open her closet and its the first one I see, right in its place. I leave her room, closing the door behind me.

"I made you pancakes." My mom tells me, placing the syrup on the table. I smile and take a seat on a stool.

"I didn't see you much this weekend." My mom says. I usually spend a little time with her but this one was a little busy.

"Did you have someone over while I was away?" She asks me. I flash my head up, looking straight into her eyes. How did she know?

"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to sound confused.

"Well, your sisters closet light was left on. I saw it when I came home Saturday afternoon. You know your not allowed in her room, she wouldn't like that." My mother says.

"Uhh no, I didn't have anyone over... I was trying to find my black t-shirt she would always take, I guess I must've left the light on." I lie. My mother nods her head and looks back at her plate. After we finish our breakfast, I go back to my room, grabbing my bag with all my books, and homework I didn't do.

"5 minutes!" My mom shouts. I put my black converse on my feet and head out my front door, saying goodbye to my mother. I grab my keys and start my car, turning on my radio. After a 10 minute car ride, I finally reach school. A few buses are there. I pull out my keys, shoving them into my pocket, grabbing my bag from the passenger seat. Locking the doors of my car, I make my way inside.

"Knocked yourself up this weekend enh?" Jimmy nudges my arm.

"Ya, one-time thing. Don't worry about man." I say. I couldn't really tell him the truth. Jimmy isn't really the accepting type... I hear a locker slam, I turn my face, only to see Jess. She breaks eye contact with me and starts walking away, faster and faster. I didn't know what to do. She heard me and she must be hurt. She doesn't understand that she's not my type of girl. I can't just go around telling people about us, neither can she.

"I'll be back." I tell Jimmy, patting his shoulder.

"Alright man, see you later."

I try to catch up to her, but I can't. She turns her face, revealing her red eyes. She was hurt by my words, I don't blame her. She begins to go faster as soon as she spots me, bumping into people, trying to make way for herself. She was only making it harder.

"Jess, hold on."

She stops and turns her feet in my direction. A tear slowly runs down her cheek. I grab her wrist, trying to slow her down but she pulls away fast. I screwed up. I always screw up. She turns and walk away, this time I don't chase her. I make my way to my first period class, gym. Its always long and boring, run around our school track for an hour. Running helps me stay calm, it lets me let out all my anger.

"Doing good Mr Styles!" My teacher shouts, holding her thumbs up.

After class I make my way back to my locker, placing my gym clothes onto my too shelf. I grab my math books, ready for my next period. I still had 10 minutes left but I decide to go early. I take my usually seat and pull my desk away from Chelsea's, Im really not in the mood to hear her talk today... People slowly start making their way into class, I stay in my seat, trying to spot Jessy. She still wasn't in class which is fûcked up cause she's usually one of the first ones. Chelsea walks into the classroom, looking straight at me. She sits next to me, not saying a word. There she was. Jessy steps into class. Her cheeks red. I look at her the whole time she walks to her seat, she doesn't bother glancing up at me which was making me angry. She ignored me.