Chapter 33

JESSYS POV

He said I love you. Those exact words. I am so so happy! Ive wanted him to tell me that for so long. I love him and I just needed him to tell me first. Yea im pissed about what he told Jimmy and all but... He said he loves me. He said hes sorry too.

"Dinner is ready!" My mother shouts from downstairs.

"COMING!" I shout. I run down the wooden steps and notice that its already slightly dark out. Its only 7?

"I made pasta do you want pesto or tomato sauce?"

"Pesto!" I answer. She adds a spoonful of green sauce and mixes it all together.

"Thanks mom!" She hands me the plate. I take a seat at our wooden table and wait for her to come too.

"So, tell me about you and Harry!"
She seems so cute and excited.

"What do you want to know?" I laugh.

"More about him, you dont talk about him much you know." She states.

"Yea I know... Hes a really great guy mom... Better everyday and he treats me so well.."

"He's very polite..." My mother says.

"Have you guys had sex yet??" My mother asks. Ive always been very open with my mom with everything but we've never really talked about sex much.

"Um no.." I answer her.

"Do you um-"

"No mom I'm fine I know how it works."

The last thing I want is my mother explaining to me how to have sex. We both laugh it off and my mother asks how long Harry and I have been together now.

"Its going to be 3 months in a week!" I squeal.

I miss talking to her like this. We used to talk almost everyday about the boy I liked and if he talked to me that day, or even looked at me. She used to convince me all the time, trying to make me come out of my shell to talk to him.

His name was Richie. He moved away in the 9th grade and thats when I lost touch with him. We didn't talk as much when he left. I was young and I liked him so much...

At the beginning of 10th grade I realized that getting over him was what I had to do. I was in elementary when I first met him and he only lived a few blocks down from me. We studied together, did all our homework together. Literally everything we did was with each other.

Ritchie was the typical red head with cheek filled freckles. He was slim and clearly, my first crush.

"Honey, lets go out for some ice cream?" My mom interrupts my thoughts.

"Hold on, let me just wash the dishes quickly!" She says.

My phone rings and Harry's name is written across my screen.

"Hello?" I say. A smile grows on my face as I walk out of the kitchen to hear him better.

"J-Jess" His voice is dry and extremely rusty.

"Harry whats wrong??"

"Im stuck Jess. My leg, its stuck!" He says. What is he talking about?

"Harry talk clearer I cant understand you well.. Where are you and what happened?"

"Im on Russell street, my leg its stuck, I got hit and the ambulance are on they're way. My legs are numb Jess I cant feel them and theres blood coming out everywhere Im scared and I just called to let you know--"

"Harry stop! Don't say anything Im coming." I cant stand his voice. Its shaky and hes stuttering on half his sentences. Hes scaring me.

"Jessy I- I love you..."