Chapter 53

That night I decide to sleep with my mother. Even though I don't understand why she's hurt. She matters to me a whole bunch. 

I wake up early Monday morning and cook my mother and I some eggs. She wakes up happy and glad to see what I've done for her. 

"Thank you."  She says. 

After breakfast my mother drives me to school so that I don't need to take the bus. I still have to tell Harry about my father. We never really talked about my father much together, except when my father came. I had math class first period with him so once I got my books I headed straight to class hoping to see him already there but, he wasn't already there. I took my seat at the back of the class and waited.

And waited and waited for Harry who never showed up for first period. The bell rings and I make my way to my locker.

"I'm sorry about your father..." I hear a familiar voice. Out of confusion I turn around and there stands Josh and Liv. I haven't talked to them in weeks. Barely even thought about them. What kind of person have I become. I lean in for a hug and Josh hugs me tightly. I guess it is somewhat emotional. 

"Hey, keep your hands off my girl." Harrys voice appears. Josh lets go.

"Really? That's what you have to say?" says Liv. Harry laughs at her and they both walk away. 

"Harry those are my friends?" 

"I was just kidding calm down Jess." 

"Where were you during first?" I ask him.

"I was busy sorry" I turn back to my locker and put the rest of my things away. 

"Hey what's wrong?" He asks me.

"Nothing." I don't really feel like telling him right now. I grab my books for next class and walk away. 

"Jessy?" He grabs my arm.

"I don't want to talk about it right now"

"How do you know?" He asks me.

"Know what?"

"Never mind" He adds.

"My father or whatever you wanna call him, he's dead." He looks at me and pulls me close to his chest. He's wearing his black hoodie with the white stripe across his chest. He puts his hand on my head and rubs it lightly.

"I'm sorry Jess"

"It's fine." I brush it off. 

"Let's get out of here?" Harry asks me. I'm already behind in my work at school I can't afford skipping any classes.

"I can't." He cups his hands on the bottom of my face and kisses my forhead. 

"I love you" 

"I love you too"

I make my way to english class. I already know I'm in shit for not having finished my good copy of my essay. People drop there essays as they walk in but I just go straight for my seat. I hope nobody will notice I don't have mine ready. Anyways it was a pointless essay I'll just hand it in next class and pretend like I had forgotten. 

Halfway through class I head to the bathroom and blow my nose since I absolutly hate doing it in front of other people. I quickly wash my hands and walk out and make my way back to class. As I turn the corner I spot Harry and one of his old friends talking. I stay back and watch Harry gives him a 50$ bill and walks away with an orange envelope. 

"Harry?"