Chapter 57

[HARRYS POV]

"It was really just a project he did for me Jess" I can't tell her the truth it'll just scare her and she doesn't need that right now.

"Harry" she says my name softly.

"Jess, trust me"

"But I don't Harry... I know it wasn't some stupid project." Shes right. I don't know what to tell her. I hate lying to her even though it's for her own good.

"Harry..?"

"Really Jessy, don't worry about it please" I pull her close. I feel her shoulders slump. I know she feels discouraged.

"What are your plans for this week?" I try to change the subject.

"My mother and I are going to Louis place for supper tomorrow and Fridays the funeral, but I don't think I'll be going."

Louis house for supper?

"How are you? I mean how've you been with like your dad and stuff

"I don't know. He did such horrible things but part of me misses him and I hate myself for saying that. I miss who he was when I was a little girl, or at least who I thought he was." 

[JESSYS POV]

Harry nods and pulls me into a hug. I don't like this. Why is he lying to me? Is it really that bad

"Please Harry, just tell me. I need to know what's in that envelope..."

"But its better if you don't know, trust me. Its not relevant anymore so its doesn't matter" He says. He's making me go crazy with thoughts of what I could be and its not good.

"Can you just go please, I really just want to be alone right now" I say as a tear falls down my face. Harry grabs his jacket from my chair and stomps down the stairs in my house. Tears start falling and I can't stop. I can't be with someone who hides things from me. I need to change my thoughts, so I decide to go for a run. I grab my blue running shoes from my closet and change into legging and a white long sleeve top. I go into the washroom and clean my face, splashing cold water on it. Grabbing my phone, I plug in my earphones and start a workout playlist to help with my motivation. As I step outside, I feel the cold breeze against my skin and start to jog. I cross a family walking with their dog, a golden retriever. They seem happy, the couple is holding hands, laughing. They look perfect, that's what I want. I head onto the main road, jogging in place waiting for the traffic light to turn red so that I could cross the street.

"Aren't you sexy" A car with two older men whistle at me as they drive by. I give them the middle finger and watch them drive away laughing. Disgusting. Its such an uncomfortable feeling. Twenty-five minutes go by and my phone says I've ran 5km, I'm happy with that. I slow down and decide to walk the rest of the few blocks I have until I'm back home. My face is radiating with heat and I'm out of breath. I change my music to a softer, calmer vibe and play 'Before you go' by Lewis Capaldi. One of my favourite artists. When I finally get home, I change out of my clothes and jump into the shower to wash off. This feels good. I feel like the old me again. Doing things that I had stopped for some reason. I eat leftover lasagna from the fridge as I watch Friends on tv. My math homework is in front of me as I review my handout that's due tomorrow. Its starts to get dark outside and I realize how tired and drained of energy I am so I decide to go to bed early.

I wake up to the sound of my alarm and the sun beaming through my curtains. I take a deep breath and stretch out my arms. I get out of bed and fluff my comforter to make it look like I made my bed. I grab a pair of black leggings and pull over a pink knitted sweatshirt for today. I hope Ill get to talk to Harry today. Maybe he will come back to his senses. I apply my mascara and my second alarm goes off meaning I have to catch my bus. I run downstairs, grab my lunch and pick up my backpack from the floor. I tie my white converse, say bye to my mother and walk to the bus stop. I get into the bus and play my music. The ride seems to go by quicker than usual. I walk to math class, hand in my assignment and sit in the back of the class.

Harry doesn't show up.

The whole day goes by without any news form him. I try texting him, asking where he is but he doesn't answer. I decide to go by his house after work by bike. I knock on his front door and within seconds he answers the door in his boxers with his messy hair flopped to one side.

"You didn't show up to school today" I say. He shakes his head and invites me in. I take off my shoes and sit down on the couch.

"I'm sorry for yesterday, I just want you to understand where I'm coming from. You're hiding something from me and you not telling me is making it worse. I have so many ideas that I try and tell myself can't be true. I know you have a past Harry. I've accepted it so what makes you think I won't accept it this time?" I beg.

"Jess, you know the Harry you met in math class a while back, not the Harry before that. There's a big difference and the thought of losing you scares me too much. I've moved on from the dumb mistakes I made and I'm trying to keep it that way" Harry explains to me.

"I understand but we can't move forward if you can't tell me things"

Harry rests his head on his hands between his legs. He stays silent, doesn't say a word to me. I don't know how to feel right now. Does he have to hell me? Can we move forward and forget about this? No, I can't.

"I think I should go" I stand up. He doesn't move. Is this really it, is it all over? Was all this for nothing? I get out of the living room and put my shoes on. I have a huge lump in my throat and I'm telling myself not to cry, just hold it in a little longer, wait till you get home. You could hold it in. I open the front door.

"Wait" Harry is standing behind me.

"Just come sit down" He asks. I take off my shoes again and follow him to the couch.

"Ill explain but please, you know I love you" He says, and I nod my head. What has he done?

_____________________________________________

Heyyy Lovesssss!

Sorry for the suspense but I had to! Ill update again in a few days! Im still editing the rest of the story and trust me in takes longer than you think but ill be writing in between! I already started the next chapter and dont worry youll find out what hes hiding! I hope you guys understand! Im so excited to be back! FAVOURITE AND COMMENT LET MY KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK HES HIDING!!

Follow my instagram to know when I update and where I am on editing! We could chat and Ill follow you back! @@ wattpad.blackandbluxx