4

The Stingy Florist;

“Flower shop… Are you a florist?”

Chen Ming glanced at Zhou Nan, “Why? You don’t like florists?”

“Oh, no,” Zhou Nan waved his hand in panic, “I didn’t mean that.”

He was quite impressed by the flower shop, for it was the only one in this town. The reason was that other flower shops would easily shut down. Though the remaining flower shop looked plain, it offered all-round service. People could buy fruit and flowers for the living, and wreaths and shroud for the dead. It was said that the boss was very mean even if the business was very good. He would argue with you for a whole morning just for a dime.

Zhou Nan looked Chen Ming up and down. He was just an ordinary young man wearing plain clothes. He wasn’t like a mean old man.

“Why are you looking at me?”

Zhou Nan trembled and said, “I heard your boss is very mean.”

“Huh.” Chen Ming sneered and made no remark.

Zhou Nan thought that the perverted boss must be very hard on his staff. Even Chen Ming didn’t dare to talk about him. He felt pity for Chen Ming.

Chen Ming noticed Zhou Nan’s sympathetic gaze and was a little baffled. But he said nothing and went to Zhou Nan’s body and held it up. The corpse of a big man and the luggage fell on him. Although he was experienced in fighting ghosts, he was an ordinary person and couldn’t bear the heavy load. He was staggering.

Zhou Nan knew that he was lighter for his height, but that was his body after all, so he floated over and said, “Let me help you.”

He was about to touch Chen Ming on the arm when Chen Ming suddenly turned back and shouted, “Don’t touch me!”

Zhou Nan was stunned, not knowing what to do.

Chen Ming didn’t even look at him and walked on.

Was he disgusting?

The words still echoed in his mind.

Although he had expected the man to be eccentric, he did not expect that the man detested him so much. Zhou Nan sniffed and took a gentle breath. He did not speak any more but followed the man with his head down.

Before he knew it ,the sound of cicadas was heard and the moonlight turned brighter.

“Chen Ming.”

Zhou Nan came to his senses and looked up, “What?”

“You can call me Chen Ming.” He explained.

Zhou Nan was so happy. “Oh yes, my name is Zhou Nan.”

“Zhou Nan …” Chen Ming repeated in a low voice, “It seems that your parents are well-educated.”

“Ah?” Zhou Nan didn’t understand what he meant.

“Alas…” The communication was not smooth. Chen Ming felt tired and sighed, “The first piece in the Book of Songs is Zhou Nan.”

“Oh… No…” Zhou Nan scratched his head embarrassedly and said with a smirk, “A Feng Shui master who was passing by gave me the name.”

Hearing that, Chen Ming snorted with disdain, “A charlatan.”

Zhou Nan didn’t dare to refute it, knowing that the person in front of him was really learned. He had seen the man’s might. So he said yes.

After walking several streets, Chen Ming finally gave up and took a taxi. He dragged the body into the car and said calmly, “My friend. He is drunk.” Then he gave the address.

Zhou Nan, who had turned into a ghost, floated onto the seat next to the driver. He looked at the driver frequently and waved his hands in front of the latter. Seeing that the driver didn’t react, he stayed still in the seat.

He could no longer interact with the world. This was being a ghost, and this was death.

Zhou Nan looked back at Chen Ming — the person who could see him, and found that Chen Ming looked out of the window expressionless. He looked away and sank in the seat in frustration, looking weak and helpless.

What was hell like? Did it hurt? Would there be friends to talk to?

The more he thought about it, the more he became afraid. He began to cry in a low voice.

Ghosts cry and wolves howl. The words were created with reasons. Although Zhou Nan was unaware, Chen Ming had goosebumps all over when he heard the cry. The driver felt inexplicably cold, shrank his neck and checked whether the door was locked.

Chen Ming couldn’t bear it and said, “Hey, can we listen to the music?”

“Yes, you can choose the songs. What do you want?”

He thought about it, snapped his fingers and said, “The Great Compassion Mantra.”