64

64. I Like Someone Else

“According to my common sense, they should.” Hearing Chen Ming’s question, Zhou Nan felt confused too. So he squatted down to look carefully.

“Then why didn’t she do it?” Chen Ming moved forward.

“Perhaps she forgot?”

The two adult men squatted over a girl’s bed to discuss removing makeup. That was quite a funny scene.

“It’s possible.” There was no certain answer to it. Chen Ming didn’t want to guess the girl’s mind anymore. He started to concentrate on waiting for the grieved baby to come.

While waiting, Chen Ming took a nap because it was just too boring. He was then woken by the cry of a baby. He hurriedly took out the compass, and had a close look. The needle pointed straight to the window.

The cry came from the window too.

Chen Ming was no longer sleepy. One second earlier, he was still in a dream. He was wide awake in just a second. Without any hesitation, he went around the bed, grabbed the curtains, paused for a moment, and then opened the curtains abruptly.

Zhou Nan looked over Chen Ming’s shoulders from behind, and the tall buildings across the street came into view.

Bai Yiyi’s home was on the tenth floor.

The cry was gone, and instead there were some baby giggles. Tracing the sound, he found there was a particularly small but quite human-like baby on the edge of the platform less than ten centimeters outside the window, whose limbs seemed to be patched together, and they could even see the blood-stained stitches and thin threads.

The baby grinned when it saw Chen Ming. Its mouth which was supposed to be bare was full of sharp teeth. It reached out its little hand and wiped on the window, leaving a small red handprint on it.

Chen Ming stared at it fiercely, “What are you laughing for? You want me to beat you up?” He rolled up his sleeves and opened the window to bring the grieved baby in.

The grieved baby seemed to know that it couldn’t beat Chen Ming. So it stuck out the tongue, turned around and ran away. To be precise, it was climbing straight down the wall like a mutated gecko.

Zhou Nan felt that it was the right time for him to deal with this on his own. So he took the advantage of being a ghost to walk straight out of the window and chased it first.

“Hey! Wait for me!” Chen Ming couldn’t just jump out of the window. The height of the tenth floor was no joke.

Zhou Nan didn’t listen, because if he didn’t chase it at that time, they probably couldn’t catch up later: “I can handle it!”

The grieved baby used all four limbs together, so it was very fast and it jumped well. It was just leaping freely among the buildings. Within just a few seconds, along with Zhou Nan who was chasing after it, they all disappeared in Chen Ming’s sight. No matter how Chen Ming leaned out from the window, he couldn’t see them.

“Shit…” Chen Ming was absolutely not sure about Zhou Nan’s ability. After all, Zhou Nan was just a young ghost that was definitely not experienced with this. He didn’t even close the window and turned back immediately. He planned to run downstairs and chase Zhou Nan in the rough direction, hoping that the distance was not too far and it was still within the effective range of the compass.

But before he could take more steps, his hand was pulled back. When he turned back, Bai Yiyi, who had been sleeping soundly, had already knelt on the bed and clutched Chen Ming’s wrist.