87

87. Take It Easy

With a few more closer looks at the man, Zhou Nan could barely tell that he was wearing a suit which was already covered in mud. His hair was also all messy. He was so ragged that Zhou Nan couldn’t recognize who was the madman, but it seemed easy to guess when Zhou Nan looked at Liu Ming who looked grave.

Liu Qi?

“Hey, wake up.” Liu Ming tried to stop Liu Qi, who continued to send the dirt into the mouth, but Liu Qi waved his head like a mad dog and tried to bit Liu Ming. Liu Ming quickly pulled back his hand and retreated.

Zhou Nan dared to guess but still couldn’t believe it. What kind of thing happened to this fine young man to cause him this mental breakdown, and made him run out in the middle of the night to eat the mud?

He wanted to look back at Chen Ming, but was first attracted by something else–the golden baby statue lying askew at Liu Qi’s feet.

Was it really because of the baby ghost?

“What should I do?” Although he became a ghost, Liu Ming was still a 21st-century young man who had believed in science and didn’t know anything about this. Although they had been fighting a few minutes ago, he was not as arrogant as Chen Ming and was willing to ask for help when he needed advice.

Then, the voice of Chen Ming came from the rear, and there were only four words: “You must kill it.” After saying it, Chen Ming was afraid that Liu Ming couldn’t understand, so he raised his chin and indicated that it meant the golden doll.

After giving the suggestion, Chen Ming was still standing there, without any intention of helping. Chang Baisheng stood beside her benefactor and didn’t say anything. Zhou Nan had enough rest, stood up staggeringly and observed what they were doing.

Liu Ming picked up the golden doll and grabbed it in his hand, seeming to be thinking about how to kill it once and for all. Then, he grabbed the head of the doll with the other hand and twisted it hard.

It was a gold-plated statue, but in Liu Ming’s hand, it just broke like a ham sausage.

Liu Qi, who had been eating mud happily a second ago, suddenly had his hands around his head and began to roll around, howling. Liu Ming was a little flustered and didn’t know if he had added fuel to the fire by doing this, so he turned to look at Chen Ming.

Chen Ming replied calmly, “Yes, you did right.”

After he struggled for a while, Liu Qi’s body gradually softened and a cloud of faint smoke rose from his back. The smoke grew more and more, slowly floating up. The color became darker and darker and finally formed a child image.

At this point, Chen Ming had a spell in hand and said, “Leave the rest to…”

Liu Ming didn’t give him this opportunity and grabbed the smoke first. He had the part of the child’s neck in his hand and pressed it hard to the ground. The smoke in that part was stretched very long, but it seemed that he could not escape from Liu Ming’s hand.

The smoky child began to scream, and a simple expression appeared on the part of the body that could barely be called the head, just like the protagonist in the famous oil painting “Shout”. The sharp sound almost pierced Zhou Nan’s eardrum, and he wanted Chen Ming to kill it instantly.

Grab the neck and punch twice. When would this ever be ended?

But the fight between the ghosts was even fiercer than Zhou Nan imagined. Liu Ming bit on the face of the smoky child, then waved his head and tore off a piece of “meat”.

The screams were even louder. Zhou Nan covered his ears, so he couldn’t hear anything. He could only see Liu Ming swallowing the black fog into the mouth.

That one mouthful was not enough. Liu Ming, who held the smoke, kept swallowing it and the sharp wail gradually turned into a hoarse whimper. Zhou Nan retreated to Chen Ming, horrified: “Is that okay?”

“Of course it’s fine.” Seeing this, Chen Ming already understood it all, “He’s taking revenge.”

It was reasonable for the ghost to be angry with the one who killed him, and it was also true that Liu Qi let the baby ghost make a sneak attack on Liu Ming. But the problem was that Liu Ming didn’t identify Liu Qi as the murderer from the beginning to the end, and he just wanted to find the baby ghost for the revenge.

The two men and one immortal just silently waited for Liu Ming to devour the baby ghost and did nothing.

In the end, Liu Ming slowly walked to Liu Qi, and Chen Ming felt nervous again. Was it really true that Liu Ming held no hatred against Liu Qi?

Liu Ming helped Liu Qi wipe off the stains on his face, and pulled out the dirt from his mouth a bit by a bit quite gently.

“Ever since we were kids, you’ve always done me wrong.”

Liu Qi opened his eyes in a daze and burst into tears in just a few seconds.

“I was wrong…” The remaining dirt choked into his lungs, and he coughed hard, but he still didn’t give up finishing his words, repeating over and over again, “I was wrong… I was really wrong…”

“You just love to grab my stuff.”

“I’m not dreaming, right? Brother, you can come back, right?” He reached out to grab Liu Ming’s arm, but he went straight through it and didn’t touch anything.

“From toy cars, to real cars and women… Didn’t I give them all to you in the end?”

Zhou Nan couldn’t even believe these words. Liu Qi was simply a spoiled child. He lived so willfully for decades, and did not know about the rules or the bottom line.

“I regret it! This time, I really… I don’t want it anymore, I don’t want anything… I just want you back!”

Liu Ming smiled wearily. He knew that it was due to the fact that he always backed down that his brother had become so arrogant and even decided to murder the family and get the inheritances. Even after he died, he never hated Liu Qi. He was just extremely disappointed in his brother.

“From the moment that I fell from the roof, I couldn’t go back anymore.” Liu Ming stood up with deep coldness in his eyes, “Take the inheritances and live with our parents.”

After seeing so many ghosts, Chen Ming found Liu Ming was the calmest one when facing the so-called death. Chen Ming was now somewhat impressed by him. There was a light smile on the corner of Chen Ming’s mouth. Just like someone that came to the show, he smiled without any emotion, “The world is cold. Please take it easy. At least in the next life, I hope that you wouldn’t have such a brother again.”