66

66. Lipstick Marks

The grieved baby jumped backwards over the wall, and disappeared completely.

It seemed that the mission was accomplished in an alternative way.

He used three days of the time for him to pick up the flesh body, in exchange for the time of resentment of the grieved baby, and let it go to the transmigration without regret. It was not bad in Zhou Nan’s opinion.

He walked to the entrance of the alley and looked around. There was no trace of Chen Ming. He couldn’t help thinking about this.

Zhou Nan stood against the wall, facing the warm orange streetlight and hiding himself in the darkness. A couple walked by in front of him, with their arms held together, making that ghost look even more lonely.

After waiting for five minutes, he found it meaningless to just stand like that. So he decided to go in the direction of Bai Yiyi’s home, and he might meet Chen Ming.

Chen Ming wandered in the streets and alleys for a long time. His voice turned hoarse, but he still didn’t find Zhou Nan. So he just returned to the gate downstairs of Bai Yiyi’s home, sat by the street, and waited for Zhou Nan to come back. He opened and closed the lid of the compass in his hand over and over again, and there was unspeakable anxiety in his heart.

About half an hour later, Chen Ming finally saw the translucent figure of Zhou Nan from afar. Zhou Nan also saw Chen Ming. Zhou Nan immediately smiled and waved at Chen Ming shaking his body.

It was the center of the city, and there are many people enjoying the night on the street, so Chen Ming had to be cautious. He only reached out his finger while standing up and signalled Zhou Nan to follow him.

Zhou Nan didn’t care about being seen by others. He jumped to Chen Ming, and wanted to show off what he had done, like a child who had a full score.

“Chen…” Just when he was about to say something, he saw the vague lipstick mark on Chen Ming’s cheek, which made his smile froze. He swallowed everything he wanted to say, and he felt painful somehow.

Perhaps that could explain why Chen Ming didn’t follow him.

Zhou Nan involuntarily compressed his lips, his eyes dimmed and he silently walked behind Chen Ming.

At that time, Chen Ming was just about to go across the road, and his mind was on the electromobiles that ran the red light, so he did not notice that Zhou Nan was feeling down. He didn’t look back. They walked to a park and turned into a quiet corner.

The light was dim, and the mosquitoes were flying around this place, but it was also far from the crowd. They could barely hear the background music of the square dance.

Chen Ming sat on the bench, waving his arm to get rid of the mosquitoes, and asked, “You got the grieved baby’s tears?”

Zhou Nan also sat down. He nodded and shook his head in dismay, which made Chen Ming confused.

“I let it go.”

Chen Ming couldn’t believe it, “You…”

“Did Bai Yiyi kiss you?” Zhou Nan suddenly interrupted and asked.

One second before he was still talking about the grieved baby, and all of a sudden he just changed the topic to the woman. Chen Ming was so confused and didn’t know how to answer at that moment.

Zhou Nan smiled disappointedly and pointed at his own face. Showing Chen Ming the location of the mark: “Wipe it, there’s still lipstick on your face.”

Chen Ming realized it and immediately rubbed his face in chagrin. Maybe he used too much strength or the lipstick was not easy to rub off. The small area in pink gradually gradated into a large area of light red, and it looked more and more annoying in Zhou Nan’s eyes.

“Is there any left?”

Zhou Nan nodded.

“Shit.” Chen Ming didn’t want the thing to stay on his face for one more second, so he stood up and said to Zhou Nan, “Let’s go back to the flower shop. I have to wash it off.”

Zhou Nan still sat there and asked, “Don’t you want to talk about the grieved baby first?”

“Just get the lipstick off first.” Chen Ming stood there and reached out his hand to pull Zhou Nan.

But Zhou Nan still didn’t move. He left Chen Ming’s hand in the air, raised his head and asked, “I want to know why you didn’t come to find me?”

Chen Ming guessed that the ghost was angry, so he tried to explain, “I delayed for too long, the compass was not working, I’m sorry.”

“Delay? Why?”

“I was going to run downstairs immediately, but she pulled me back. She said a lot and she wanted to get back to me, but I…” Chen Ming got a headache as long as he thought of what happened in Bai Yiyi’s place. He started to feel anxious, not knowing why he had to explain it all to a friend who had only known him for more than a month.

Zhou Nan was still looking at him quietly, waiting for him to finish.

Chen Ming clearly read distrust from Zhou Nan’s eyes, and his face became as awkward as if he had eaten too much mustard. After a long while, he still couldn’t find the right words to explain well and he didn’t know how to say it clearly. So he only said, “Nothing, let’s go back.”