61

There was only one pharmacy nearby, and it was quite professional. So it was impossible to sell prescription drugs casually.

Zhou Nan, who couldn’t be seen by mortals, floated into the store, stood next to the shop assistant, and got to know all of the cameras’ locations from the computer by looking around several times.

The shelves were covered by the cameras everywhere, and there was no dead corner in the short distance from the front desk to the gate. The surveillance was tight. Zhou Nan couldn’t think of a viable “stowaway” route.

The shop assistant couldn’t see a ghost but he could see the bottle. Zhou Nan couldn’t risk bringing out the sleeping pills alone, otherwise it might cause unnecessary panic.

Therefore, the time had come for the two of them to cooperate.

Chen Ming strutted into the pharmacy with a small cloth bag from the man who was handing out flyers on the road, followed by Zhou Nan behind him.

Zhou Nan went straight to the counter where the sleeping pills were placed, not daring to delay for one moment. Chen Ming lay over the front desk as if he was drunk.

The shop assistant was attracted by Chen Ming’s bizarre behavior, and there was only one guest in the store, so his attention was easily diverted from the surveillance. Chen Ming succeeded, secretly laughing inside, and continued to act competently.

“What can I do for you, sir?”

“I want… What’s the name of that? Oh, my poor memory…” Chen Ming said as he knocked on his head, pretending to be very upset, “Let me think about it, I just forgot it.”

The shop assistant had seen many similar cases, so he patiently smiled, “Have you brought the prescription from the doctor?”

Chen Ming touched his pocket and sighed, “Oh, I was in a hurry. Left it at home.”

The shop assistant thought about it and said, “I’ve been working in this pharmacy for several years. Just say one word in the name and I’ll know what you want to buy.”

Well, this young guy had clearly been arrogant for years. It was time for Chen Ming to teach him a lesson. Chen Ming smiled, “Sure, yes! I just remembered one word.”

“Just say it.”

“Granules.”

The two of them were chatting busily and Zhou Nan didn’t take a rest. It was the first time for him to “steal” and he could not help getting a little nervous, so he just held the sleeping pills in his hand, and he was afraid that someone might scream behind and shout “ghost”.

Fortunately, Chen Ming did his part of the job very well, and the shop assistant flushed with anger when hearing his words. The strong professionalism forced the man to continue smiling, “You must be kidding.”

“Sorry, my memory is really not good.” Chen Ming apologized while smiling, “The thing is like this, my little sister has a cold…”

The shop assistant noticed the key information and asked, “Heat Clearing Granules?”

Chen Ming patted his thighs and looked very excited, “Yes! That’s it!”

“Alright, I’ll take you to get it.”

The timing was just right when Zhou Nan floated out of the shelf next to them and headed for the door. Just rush out and it would all be done. He felt he was going to make it and got quite excited. But soon, he noticed the burglar alarm at the door and stopped immediately, feeling like falling into an ice cellar.

They didn’t think of this! The drug bottle couldn’t be brought out! What to do!

Zhou Nan suddenly opened the drug bottle, grabbed a few pills in his hand, then quickly put back the lid, and looked around for a hiding spot.

Chen Ming didn’t know something went wrong on Zhou Nan’s side, so he quickly took the medicine for treating a cold and was about to return to the counter to pay the bill. He walked in front, and noticed Zhou Nan who was standing in the doorway just as he left the shelves. He broke out in a cold sweat immediately.

Shit, why hadn’t Zhou Nan gone out yet?!!!

Chen Ming reacted quickly. He turned back to stop the shop assistant and skillfully pushed the man back. He picked up the medicine box in his hand and leaned forward, “Let me ask you, how should I take this medicine?”

The shop assistant was surprised, “There are instructions on it.”

“Ah, well…” Chen Ming glanced at the door again and found that Zhou Nan was still standing there. He started to scold in his heart, “I… I can’t read, can you help me?”

“I can’t read” was probably the worst lie he had told in his life ever.

The shop assistant looked at him, full of disbelief. How could you believe such an energetic six-feet young boy said that he couldn’t read? After a while, the man finally gave in when facing Chen Ming’s sincere eyes, and gave a more detailed explanation.

At the same time, at the door to the store, Zhou Nan was acting like a headless fly. He eventually ran to the nearest shelf, stuffed the drug bottle into other medicine boxes, and turned around to run out of the door, without checking if it was hidden well or not.

As soon as Zhou Nan disappeared, the shop assistant and Chen Ming walked out of the shelves. It took as long as ten minutes for the shop assistant to sell this box of Heat-Clearing Granules and the man was a bit upset. There was no trace of a smile on the man’s face when the bill was being paid.

Chen Ming could see it too, so after the assistant offered the price, he directly handed a note: “Keep the change, thank you.” It was also for the bottle of sleeping pills that had been “stolen”.

When Zhou Nan saw Chen Ming coming out of the pharmacy, he quickly walked towards Chen Ming and handed the pills. Although they were small, it was still not good for them to be seen hanging in the air.

Chen Ming was afraid that the pills would melt directly in his hand. He didn’t care about hygiene now. He just took the receipt of the cold granule, wrapped the pills with it, and put it in his pocket.

After all that, Chen Ming did not forget to sum up this mission: “It was all good at the beginning. Why did you remain there motionless in the end?”

“There was an alarm!” Zhou Nan was very aggrieved, “I can’t just take the medicine bottle out.”

After hearing this, Chen Ming frowned and asked, “Then where did you put the bottle?”

“I stuffed it in the shelf.” Zhou Nan said, and didn’t feel anything wrong with this.

After hearing that, Chen Ming felt an ache on his chest. Just imagine it, what kind of scene would it be when the shop assistant found a bottle of sleeping pills that had been misplaced, then went to the surveillance and saw a floating bottle?

Probably, there would be one more person who believed in the existence of ghosts in this city.