59

Coal Ball was sunbathing and stretched out on the windowsill. Its black hair became warm in the sunlight.

The room was too quiet without the sound of Coal Ball. So Zhou Nan heard those four words too. He looked at Chen Ming in great surprise. His eyes widened and he couldn’t believe Chen Ming was that kind of person.

To be honest, not only Zhou Nan, but Chen Ming himself did not believe it.

“Hey hey, wait a minute. Don’t you dare to blame it on me.” He grabbed a few tissues and wiped the floor before the milk was dry while he didn’t stop talking, “You know damn well how far we went when we were together.”

Zhou Nan was stunned. Although these words seemed to be coming out of the mouth of a playboy, somehow he just felt that Chen Ming was telling the truth.

Indeed, even during the rebellious years, Chen Ming never went far. In the two years with Bai Yiyi, they only kissed a few times and did nothing more.

As if he was trying to prove something to Zhou Nan, Chen Ming deliberately opened the speaker: “We didn’t do it. Don’t be ridiculous.”

“I know we didn’t do it, Chen Ming, that’s not what I meant.” Bai Yiyi was a little anxious, and she spoke faster, “I know, it’s not yours.”

Chen Ming had the urge to crawl along the phone line, grab her collar and beat her up, “Why are you calling me if it’s not mine? You’re joking with me?”

Bai Yiyi was completely flustered and begged, “Don’t be angry. I… I’m in trouble right now. I just want you to help me.”

Where was she before? Coming back to her ex only after getting into trouble?

Chen Ming wanted to swear. He just had to restrain himself when talking to a girl, so he took a deep breath and said ironically instead of swearing: “Help you? Help you or help the old man to clean up the mess?”

Bai Yiyi knew her ex-boyfriend’s temper well. So she knew that he was angry at the moment. She admitted her mistakes immediately, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I know it was all my fault, but I… please just hear me out and help me.”

She was so humble and didn’t in the slightest sound like the arrogant woman who said Chen Ming was poor and slapped him on the playground.

‘Hang up the phone and don’t help her.’ Zhou Nan kept thinking to himself but eventually did not say them out. The more he endured, the sadder he felt.

Chen Ming suddenly looked at Zhou Nan, saw all of his facial expressions and noticed how he felt.

Knowing that there was no chance to hide, Zhou Nan simply said, “I think you should hang up.”

At the same time, as if she was afraid of missing the opportunity, Bai Yiyi quickly started to tell her story: “I was pregnant and the baby has already been aborted, but…”

It was just like that set of dialogue in the dramas. She was probably going to say that she wanted to start all over again and recover the relationship, which sounded really boring.

“Don’t bother.” Chen Ming interrupted her and said ruthlessly, “I’m not a generous person. And I’m not a nice guy. I can’t be like a central air conditioner or a spare tire. Since we split up, just break up completely.” After saying that, he reached out to hang up the phone.

His finger already pressed on the button to end the call, and at the moment he was about to lift the finger, Bai Yiyi quickly shouted, “The grieved baby. I’m entangled by the grieved baby…”

After hearing those two words, Chen Ming was shocked, and his hands trembled, too. So he somehow just ended the call and then the cry stopped.

He and Zhou Nan stared at each other for several seconds before asking, “Did I hear this right?”

Obviously yes.

At this time, both of them thought of the last thing they needed to borrow the corpse to regain the soul…the tears of a grieved baby. They tried very hard to look for the tears and now the tears were right at hand?

“Should I call her back?” Chen Ming asked for Zhou Nan’s opinion.

“No, I think she’ll call back.” Sure enough, Zhou Nan was right: she called back very soon.

Chen Ming waited for three seconds before answering the call, but he didn’t say anything and just waited for Bai Yiyi to talk first.

“Grieved baby, it really is grieved baby!” The woman on the other side cried nonstop, “No one trusts me, but you trust me, right? Chen Ming? I know you have made some strange things. You can help me! Please… ”

Chen Ming didn’t want to say anything nice, so he just ordered coldly and briefly, “Tell me exactly what happened.”