52

On the way back to the flower shop, Chen Ming bought cigarettes and a lighter. He hadn’t touched these things for years, but at that time, he particularly wanted the smoke to choke into his lungs.

The last time he shut himself up in the room smoking one after another. In the end, the neighbor called the police. That was when he knew that the old guy died. Thinking of this, Chen Ming laughed bitterly.

He leaned against the outside wall of the flower shop, and held the cigarette with his index and middle fingers gently between his lips. He lowered his head and covered the cigarette with his hands. Suddenly, in the darkness of the night, it burst into a cluster of short flames.

At first he only bit it, and silently looked at the smoke rising in front of him which blurred his vision. After a few seconds, he was determined to take a breath, and the burning sensation immediately spread to his lungs which made him cough.

It had been too long after all.

The sound shocked Zhou Nan. He looked out, and seemed to be a little surprised, “Chen Ming, you… you smoke?” It was not unreasonable for him to feel strange. He had lived here for a month, and never seen a trace of ash.

“I quit a few years ago, and now I am not used to it.” Chen Ming suddenly put out the cigarette nervously in the palm of his hand, and the pain made him frown.

Zhou Nan was surprised and went to grab Chen Ming’s hand. He opened it, and found a mark burned on it: “Hey, you…”

“It’s nothing.” Chen Ming pulled back his hand, “Let’s go inside.”

“A few years ago… you were still a student?” Zhou Nan, who had been a good kid for a lifetime, could not imagine it.

“Who hasn’t had a period of rebellion?” Speaking of this, Chen Ming really wanted to travel back in time and slap himself, “I spent my days with a few fake friends, eating, drinking, whoring… Ah, no, not the last one.” He suddenly changed his words while talking.

Zhou Nan couldn’t help but laugh and got interrupted by a cold wind just as he opened his mouth to say something. The wind bell by the window started to swing violently, making a rough crash.

Chen Ming’s face changed suddenly. He consciously stood in front of Zhou Nan and looked outside the door. A few moments ago, there was some light outside, but then it was all dark. It was so terrifyingly strange.

Zhou Nan had guessed what was going to happen and tremblingly put Coal Ball in his arms to the ground. The little guy straightened up with its feet on the ground. Its hair all stood on end and it started to howl in the direction of the door.

“Long time no see. You are being a little too dramatic this time, aren’t you?” Chen Ming said.

A few seconds later, a tall white figure appeared in front of the two. The moment he saw the striking long tongue, Zhou Nan recognized it was Bai Wuchang.

Bai Wuchang glanced coldly at Chen Ming’s position, “This person’s time here is over. Are you trying to stop me?” The last word was shouted out and the sound echoed like a bell.

Coal Ball screamed with a piercing sound. It ran under the bed, and continued to scream.

“Why would I?” Chen Ming didn’t move away as he said so.

Bai Wuchang pulled out the hook to play in his hand, and waited for Chen Ming to finish talking. Every action of his made Zhou Nan feel frightened.

Chen Ming smiled, “Since his time here is over, I’ll lend some more to him.”

Bai Wuchang narrowed his eyes and his black pupils were focused on the face of the person in front of him, “You want to lend to him?”

Chen Ming nodded slowly, “Since the Ox Head and Horse Face neglected their duty, I have done many things for the King of Hell these years and accumulated a lot of merits. That’s more than enough to lend him a month.”

Zhou Nan’s face turned pale because of scare. Although he didn’t understand all of it, but he could already know Chen Ming’s plan. He reached out to grab Chen Ming, and advised him not to do that. After all, Chen Ming was a man with a short life.

Chen Ming was determined, so he did not move. He urged Bai Wuchang to confirm, “Am I right?”

Bai Wuchang suddenly leaned down, and put his face closer to Chen Ming. After a while, he said, “Don’t forget what happened to your master.”

Chen Ming paused for a while before saying this, “I won’t forget. Don’t worry, it’s only a month.”

Bai Wuchang stood up, sneered and then walked away.

The faint light reappeared outside the door. Coal Ball also stopped screaming, and just hid under the bed shivering.

“You… what are you doing, Chen Ming!” Zhou Nan grabbed the shoulders of Chen Ming and shook them fiercely. His eyes turned red, “You should cherish your own life!”

“It’s alright. I know what I’m doing.” Chen Ming looked at him calmly and said, “I’m giving you one month to confess your feelings. Go ahead, quickly.”

For Zhou Nan, that was the same as “say you love me”.

He immediately lowered his head and bit the lips, “I… I’ll think about this again.”