60

The old man mentioned by Chen Ming was the boss of Bai Yiyi. He forgot the man’s full name, but only remembered the last name Liu. He had seen the man a few times–the man was indeed quite old, more than fifty years old. His sideburns were vaguely white, and there were even age pigments on his face.

He was old and short, having a wife. Bai Yiyi would like to be his mistress, only for money.

Of course, she was ambitious, wanting to let him get divorced and marry her.

Like every pedantic old man, President Liu only wanted to take advantage of women. When Bai Yiyi was old, he would kick her aside, or find a beautiful young girl or go home to live a stable life with his wife. As for divorce, he just often promised to Bai Yiyi tongue-in-cheek, but he never meant to do that.

It was easy to detect his thought after having been with him for a long time. Bai Yiyi was not totally assured, so she asked him whether he divorced or not over and over again, but he replied falteringly or just tried to delay.

Like every young girl who had confidence in themselves, Bai Yiyi decided to take measures to force President Liu to make a decision and she believed that she would definitely win.

So Bai Yiyi used some small tricks to get herself pregnant. She didn’t explain it in detail, and Chen Ming didn’t bother to ask.

Bai Yiyi said while crying. After half an hour, her voice became a little hoarse. All she could do was to temporarily stop and drink.

After hearing such a boring story, Chen Ming felt sleepy and helped her finish the story, “Later, you told him that you were pregnant. But he couldn’t get a divorce, so he forced you to have an abortion and stopped all the contact with you, right?”

Bai Yiyi declined to comment and sighed, “I was really blind back then…”

Even Zhou Nan could tell that she wanted to make it up with Chen Ming.

“Don’t talk about the past, just focus on the present.” Chen Ming was not interested in whom she loved at all. He was afraid that she would recall the past and get emotional, so he asked directly, “What’s going on with the grieved baby?”

He didn’t want to listen to Bai Yiyi and President Liu’s story of love and hatred. He just wanted to know the grieved baby and get its tears. What needed to be confirmed now was whether there really was a grieved baby or Bai Yiyi had an illusion because of the breakdown.

“About two weeks ago, I was suddenly awaked by the cry of an infant at midnight. I had thought it was just an illusion, but this situation continues until now and it appeared on time every night. Recently, I even heard the sound of staggering and crawling. I felt a small hand gripping my index finger! ” Recalling the horrible thing, Bai Yiyi began to cry again,” I went to the hospital. Nobody believed me. They asked me to go to the mental department. They prepared a lot of medicine, but it had no effect at all. Chen Ming, trust me. This is definitely not an illusion. ”

If she hadn’t experienced it personally, she probably wouldn’t believe that there were monsters and demons in the world. As the old saying went, “What people are doing is watched by the God”. Chen Ming wasn’t superstitious actually.

Just based on what she said, Chen Ming couldn’t make an accurate judgment. After thinking for a moment, he said, “Alas, I’ll go to find you in a few days. You can clean up you house because maybe I’ll have to spend the night at your home.” He found Zhou Nan looked unhappy and gave the latter a hint, “Don’t worry, I’ll bring you along.”

“Please, just come today. It has been a few nights since I fell asleep last time. I’m about to collapse! “Bai Yiyi urged.

“Tsk,” Chen Ming scratched his head irritably and finally compromised. “Okay, I’ll wait for you downstairs at about 7:00 tonight.”

Bai Yiyi still thought it was not early, “Can you come right now?”

Her words made Chen Ming extremely angry.

“No, I have to prepare something, Sis. Are you afraid of ghosts in the daytime?” He didn’t bother to argue with her, and then he hung up and swore, “What an unreasonable woman…”

If it hadn’t been for Zhou Nan, he didn’t want to help Bai Yiyi.

“What do you need to prepare for? Something that will subdue a grieved baby?” Zhou Nan asked, ready to help Chen Ming.

“No, that little thing can be subdued with a few charms.” Chen Ming got up, stretching himself, “I’m going to buy some sleeping pills in case that some people make troubles. This prescription medicine is not easy to get lately. Come to help me.”