25

“If I don’t follow you, how could you get things done?” Zhou Nan was a little smug for he thought that he got the goods on  Chen Ming.

It made Chen Ming quite surprised that Zhou Nan who was always obedient said these words. He was annoyed and angry that his idea became whimsical. He raised his hand to turn off the tap, his face gloomy.

When hearing the sound of water suddenly stopped, Zhou Nan realized that he had irritated Chen Ming. He carefully listened to Chen Ming’s movements for a while, and finally he flattered, “I’m just kidding.”

It was so quiet that Zhou Nan felt inexplicably uneasy. He couldn’t help but float over to have a look at Chen Ming’s expression.

Chen Ming didn’t give Zhou Nan this opportunity. When he got a glimpse of Zhou Nan at the door, he turned on the water and buried his head in it.

“Angry?” Zhou Nan went around and repeated, “I’m really joking.”

After washing, Chen Ming turned off water and fiddled with his damp bangs, with an obscure expression on his face. Although he said nothing, Zhou Nan knew that he felt awkward.

Chen Ming went back to the house to bring the card, phone and wallet, still in  stubborn silence.

“Chen Ming.” Before he went out, Zhou Nan stopped him and said, “I said it was a joke. But you’re really angry.”

“I’m not angry.” Chen Ming bent over and lifted his shoes. It was uncertain if he intentionally or unintentionally showed his back to Zhou Nan, “Indeed, you’re right. This is a bit dangerous.”

Zhou Nan was a little amazed, and said gladly, “You decide not to go?”

Chen Ming said the opposite: “I’ll go myself. You stay here. Safety is important.” The last three words were emphasized.

Everyone could sense that he was being sarcastic.

Zhou Nan half opened his mouth and the the joyful look vanished. He was unable to say anything until Chen Ming closed the door.

He realized that he seemed to take himself too seriously. These days, he considered that he had been depended on by Chen Ming a lot, but now he woke up to the fact that Chen Ming didn’t value him at all, and everything proceeded as usual without him.

Lowering his head, Zhou Nan became even more frustrated.

What should I do? Go after him to apologize? Beg him to let me follow?

He shook his head and dispelled these absurd ideas. It seemed that he had made up his mind–wasn’t it right to worry about his safety? Just let it be. He would never lower himself further.

It was rare for him to be tough.

At the same time, Chen Ming was standing in the elevator, and kept pressing the door button. He would not admit that he was angry and that he really needed Zhou Nan tonight.

“You have three seconds..” He muttered in a low voice. He wanted to see Zhou Nan come out and float to hm, saying, “Take me together.”

Three seconds passed, but Chen Ming got no response. “The last two seconds.”

However, Zhou Nan still didn’t appear.

It was impossible for Chen Ming to take back his own words. If Zhou Nan didn’t give him an out, he could never run back to eat humble pie.

He scratched his head irritably and finally stopped pressing the door button. The elevator door slowly closed and left him in the small iron box. Both of them temporarily lost the opportunity to communicate.

“Angry?” Chen Ming watched the building while descending in the elevator and Zhou Nan’s question echoed in his mind.

Chen Ming still stubbornly denied.

In his opinion,  he was just annoyed for the reason that Zhou Nan was timid, impeded him, and took leaving as a threat to him.

It was just… unpleasant.

“Okay, I’m angry.” Probably having figured it out, Chen Ming suddenly sighed and smiled bitterly, “Ah… how narrow-minded I am.”