Prologue

(Y/n) is an average girl, going to an average school, hoping to one day become a doctor, or nurse in the future. That is what (Y/n) wants to believe, in reality (Y/n) is not a normal girl. At a very young age (Y/n) could see things other people couldn't, she can't quite explain what she sees.

Moving back to Japan was a hard move, currently (Y/n) is unpacking boxes from the moving van. Passing the living room, there is a dark shadow in the corner. (Y/n)'s eyes subtly trail over to the corner, it is strangely darker than it should be. (Y/n) briefly saw a man in that very corner, sending small shivers down her spine.

Even though she has gotten used to seeing strange entities, she will forever feel the sensation of dread when seeing them. Most of the time she ignores the beings, she quickly rubs her tired eyes, and the bags under her (e/c) eyes are very noticeable. Suddenly, a hand clutched (Y/n)'s shoulder, making her jump a little from the unexpected hand.

"Are you alright sweetie?" (Y/)'s mother asked, her face contorted with worry for her daughter. (Y/n) never told her mother she could see things that others cannot, she doesn't want to be seen as crazy. "H-Huh? I-Uhm... Y-Yes! Sorry, I'm just a little tired" (Y/n) said, with a tired look from all the unpacking.

Her mother still looked at her with worry but took the excuse anyway, so they both continued to unpack. (Y/n) then sees the entity move from the corner, slowly coming closer to her. She nervously sweatdropped from the close proximity of the entity, slowly moving her head down to look at the box she has yet to put down.

(Y/n) tensed up when she felt the entity hover over her, she had to remember her breathing patterns, reminding herself that this is normal. She then gently sets the box down, making a small huff of air from all the hard work, hoping the entity will leave her alone.

"Man, those boxes are heavy!" (Y/n) said with a tired smile, having finished unpacking everything from the moving van. Thankfully, the entity quickly retreated back into the corner, making (Y/n) hide a sigh of relief. Yeah, maybe she should take back the "getting used to entities" because they are still scary as hell.

~~~

Finally unpacking her box of stuff in her new room, which is a really big room, she flopped onto her bed. Swinging out her iPhone she starts scrolling through Instagram. She usually goes onto Instagram to like her boyfriend's pictures, she even planned to lose her virginity to him.

In her eyes, he is a great guy, until her eyes spot a picture on his Instagram. The picture showed her boyfriend kissing some random girl from her old school. The Instagram caption is: "my girlfriend and me" and some hashtags, (Y/n) just rolled her eyes and unfollowed him.

Don't get her wrong, her heart hurts like hell, but she will find someone better than him. "SWEETIE!!" Her mother yells out from downstairs, making (Y/n) jump from the sudden call. Then there are soft patterns of feet going up the stairs and stopping at her doorway, then gentle knocking on her door.

"Sweetie, are you decent?" (M/n), (Y/n)'s mother, asked, "yes Mom" (Y/n) said a bit quietly, but her mother heard her. (M/n) then opens the door, walking into her room. "Good news! You will be starting school tomorrow!" (M/n) said enthusiastically. Unlike her daughter who replied with an unenthusiastic "yay..." at the new information.

That night, multiple news reports were going on about criminal deaths, apparently, criminals are randomly dying. Some of the news reporters think it is a murderer, calling whatever is happening "Kira". Luckily, her mother isn't too worried about it, as she sort of supports Kira.

(Y/n) continued to watch the news throughout the night, she couldn't decide if she supports Kira, or if she is against them. She is just glad that her new home area is safer, as she heard that a lot of crimes happen in her area. But, she has a terrible feeling that things will get worse.

Little does the female know that her life will turn into shit, with strings of murders with no way of leaving her new home. What happens when she begins to see creepier entities, like Shinigamies? What will happen when (Y/n) is stuck with a criminal and a murder investigation?