Chapter 43

"Hey, it's Misa Misa! The poor girl, as long as we're stuck in here, we can't turn our cellphones on. So she has to come all the way out here, just to hang out with Light and (Y/n)" Matsuda complained, feeling bad for Misa. "Light, we should hurry up and go see her, we shouldn't keep her waiting" (Y/n) suggests while lightly tugging on Light's sleeve.

"Alright, alright, we'll be back soon," Light said as he starts walking towards where Misa is while intertwining (Y/n)'s hand with his own. Light and (Y/n) quickly arrived at the front door, which cued Misa to run through the door to go hug them both. 'Wait... Something's off... I can't see Misa and Light's lifespan... What's going on?' (Y/n) thought, internally confused.

"You haven't figured it out? Here I thought you were the smart one" Sebastion teased from behind her. "Hey Light, (Y/n)..." Misa said as she suddenly touched them both with a piece of paper. It did nothing for (Y/n), but for Light, it allowed him to see Ryuk.

"It's been a while... Ryuk" Light said with an evil smirk, which allowed (Y/n) to connect the dots. "Light, (Y/n)... I'm so sorry! I don't remember Hideki Ryuga's real name! I tried, but I totally forgot..." Misa said sadly. "Oh, I see... Well, that's too bad" Light said, sounding disappointed in Misa.

"But, I did the eye deal with Ryuk! So I can try again!" Misa quickly explained, wanting to make Light happy. "You idiot! If you do that, then your lifespan..." Light said with fake worry. "No, it's alright! I just want to be able to be of use to you both!" Misa exclaimed, quite satisfied that she can be of use.

'Misa... Why are you so enamored with... With a killer? You sacrificed your lifespan for... Someone who doesn't even care about you' (Y/n) thought in worry, quite upset that Misa is risking herself for a monster. "Misa... All I wanted is to enjoy a long life with you and (Y/n) in an ideal world, that's just how I feel" Light said somewhat truthfully.

"Light, (Y/n)... I'm so happy!" Misa said while hugging Light and (Y/n), Light didn't hug Misa back, but he did side hug (Y/n). "Let's create a new world together, it will be a place with no crime, where only kind people live, okay?" Light asked, trying to justify his acts of killing. 'Perfect, now she will be out of the way sooner, and out of mine and (Y/n)'s life together" Light thought with a sadistic smile.

The next morning, L is looking at a torn page from the notebook, examining it closely, but the weird part is, he is holding the notebook upsidedown. "Hmm... Interesting, the corner of the page of this notebook has been torn off" L pointed out, wanting to address it.

"Can you kill someone, just by writing their name on a piece?" L asked Rem, while (Y/n) sat next to him. "Can't say, I've never tried using it like that, and I don't know of anyone who has" Rem said honestly. "Then, let me ask you, do gods of death love apples?" L asked, wanting to address the note.

"Not necessarily, you see, our internal organs have already degraded, we've... Evolved to a point where we do not require sustenance" Rem informed. "Say Light? You're finally free to leave headquarters on your own, but it seems like you never go out" L pointed out, while Light is behind the see-through stairs, listening to the conversation.

"Even when Misa comes to visit, you only chat with her for a few minutes, and I hardly see you acknowledging (Y/n). You do realize you're free to have a relationship with them both now" L pointed out. "That can wait until we've managed to solve this case, even if I do love (Y/n), I'm not in the mood for that right now," Light said, not really thinking of the consequences.

"So, does that mean that I can take (Y/n) off your hands? Since you did say you're not in the mood for love" L said, wrapping an arm around (Y/n)'s waist to bring her closer to him. "What? When did I say that? (Y/n) is mine and you better remember that" Light announced, glaring at L for suggesting such a thing.

"Guys! This is not the time to argue!" (Y/n) said, a bit panicked that they will fight each other again. "You're right, I'm sorry, anyway, are you saying that I'll be a nuisance by staying here?" Light asked, successfully changing the subject, but brought another reason to fight L.

"No," L said, going into a staring contest with Light, well it looked like a staring contest, in reality, they are glaring at each other. While they are glaring at each other, L didn't notice that Misa is going out of her way to kill criminals, while singing a musical about judgment.