Chapter 39

They decided to ring Namikawa up after waiting for 3 days, "it's L, before I go on, are you by yourself?" Light asked through the phone. "Then, just act like it's a normal call again," Light said suddenly, indicating that Namikawa isn't alone. After Namikawa told Light about his comrade's participation, L allowed Light to go on.

"Tonight, I'm going to catch Kira, but I'll need a favor from you," Light said, suddenly Light looked shocked. "What? You know that it's him?" Light asked, accidentally breaking out of character. "Careful now, you broke out of character Light" (Y/n) commented, while Misa is praising Namikawa's smarts, Light isn't happy.

"I'm baiting Higuchi with a staged TV specialty tonight, Sakura TV, a few minutes into the program, I want you to contact Higuchi. Tell him to tune in, do that for me, I won't go after you, or any of the other 5, as for the others, Kida, Takahashi, Ooi. If they try to do anything, make sure to stop them" Light said, getting straight to the point.

Now, to put the plan into action, hopefully, it all goes smoothly, so far they are at the part where they knock down the fogged glass. (Y/n) is watching the show on a spare computer, making sure that it's all going smoothly from within the building.

(Y/n) is sitting next to Misa while watching the computer, and suddenly Misa's phone goes off. "Damn... Hmph," Misa said while hanging up the phone, "who was that?" (Y/n) asked, peering over Misa's shoulder to see the caller's name. "Just some creep, let's go back to watching the show" Misa suggested, snuggling up to (Y/n) to watch the computer.

Suddenly L's computer gets a call, making Misa and (Y/n) move to stand behind him. "Ryuzaki, Mogi is in position in front of Yoshida Productions, he's just received a call from Higuchi," Watari said, bringing the good news that the plan is working. "Yes... It's time for phase 2, everything's as planned" L said, while Watari switched the audio to the call between M and H.

"Mogi! Where's Misa?" Higuchi asked, unaware of the bugged device, "oh! Mr. Higuchi! A pleasure to hear from you! I'm sorry, but Misa Misa is taking a much-needed vacation right now! She should be back by, oh... Tomorrow morning? No? You can reach her then!" Mogi said in his hyper-manager voice.

"I'm asking you where she is! Now!" Higuchi demanded in annoyance since he is getting very desperate. "Well, that's private information! She requested that no one know where she is! I'm very sorry! I'll have her contact you tomorrow! First thing!" Mogi said cheerfully, sounding regretful for not meeting Higuchi's request.

"Do you know if Misa's former manager was an entertainer at some point?" Higuchi asked, hoping that he will get a name. "Come again?" Mogi asked, seemingly unaware of the question being asked, "I'm talking about Taro Matsui!" Higuchi said loudly, getting more agitated by the minute.

"Ohhh, heh, I was only recently hired! So I don't know much about him! If you need some information I can let you talk to someone from the office! Oh! I just remembered! Everyone's in Okinawa at the moment! You can try calling the president though!" Mogi said while standing outside of the office building he is talking about.

"This is going exactly as planned... It almost feels like it's too easy" (Y/n) mumbled out, quite worried about the plan going south. Next is the call between Y and H, which is the president of the Yoshida Production, and Higuchi, "this is Higuchi, from Yotsuba, that manager isn't really Taro Matsui is it?" Higuchi asked, getting straight to the point.

"He's not even pretending to be subtle about asking the question now... He's panicking" (Y/n) pointed out, blocking out some of the conversations. "Then what was his real name?!" Higuchi asked desperately, "I think it was, Yamada... No! Wait... Yamashita? Ah... And his first name was... Ah... I'm sorry I can't remember," the president of Yoshida said casually.

"DON'T SCREW WITH ME! WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU REMEMBER THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE YOU HIRE!?" Higuchi yelled, quite fed up with not receiving an answer. "Alright, no need for that kind of language, I've got his personal file back at the office," the president of Yoshida said.

"Then go back there, and get it!" Higuchi demanded, "you've got to be kidding me, give me a break, we're on our first company vacation in 2 years! But, if you want to know that badly, I'll give you the pin code for the office lock, you can go in yourself and look it up! How's that?" the president of Yoshida asked.

"The personal files are in the desk in the back, to the left, you'll find those files on the bottom drawer, they should all be sorted alphabetically. But I'm pretty sure it was Yamashita!" the president of Yoshida said. "Now let's see what he is going to do... Go to the office lock, or to the recording station" (Y/n) said, waiting with anticipation. While they watch the two trackers of Higuchi and Wedy driving along the road.