Chapter 30

Two Months Later

Light is currently typing really fast on his computer, with (Y/n) on his lap, L next to them who is facing the wrong way on the chair. "Ryuzaki, I know you aren't feeling up to it, but come over here for a second" Light said to L, so L started to roll his chair over to Light and (Y/n).

"Take a close look at this, you too (Y/n)" Light said, clicking on a link that shows a table graph. "Take a look at this, it can't be coincidence," Light said, it is a graph of CEOs and businessmen who all died of heart attacks. "It looks to me, Kira is supporting Yotsuba..." (Y/n) said, basically saying Light's opinion as well.

"Hmm... It could be... But what you're saying is true, we can assume that punishing criminals is not this Kira's real intent" L said, using his deducting skills to figure that out. "Right, punishing criminals is a diversion for him, it obscures the fact that he's actually killing people for the benefit of his company," Light said, then he suddenly smirked.

"Are you... Feeling a bit more motivated now?" Light asks L, 'looks like Light and L are finally becoming real friends!' (Y/n) cheered in her mind, maybe slightly shipping them. Even though they obviously only like her as a lover and not each other, that won't stop her from shipping them.

(Y/n) is now currently hanging out in her own room, thankfully there are no surveillance cameras watching her. "So Ryuk, why are you still here?" (Y/n) asks as she watches him eat another apple. "Well, the notebook is still on Earth, and I don't want to linger around it, that's too boring, plus, you're the only one who can see me," Ryuk said.

That night, L knocked on her door, she heard from the others on why Aizawa quit the task force to go back as a police officer. "L... What's wrong?" (Y/n) asked, as she opened the door to see L, "I just... Wanted to spend some time with you" L said, somewhat lying, that night L cried out his feelings on her shoulder, with her comforting him.

The next day, they found more evidence about the deaths of the, "it's strange... I've noticed that all the deaths are concentrated around the weekend" (Y/n) said while reading through the printed papers. "Huh?! On the weekends?" Matsuda asked, quite surprised by the information.

"Yeah... At first, it seems to be random, then recently they all take place between Friday night and Saturday afternoon" (Y/n) confirmed while sitting on Light's lap. "I'm amazed that you even noticed that, (Y/n)!" Matsuda complimented, "this is a really important clue (Y/n), good job!" Light praised, giving (Y/n) a head pat.

"Well... I just wanted to be helpful... That's all, plus... Mr. Yagami sort of helped me in a way" (Y/n) said with a blush. "We didn't want to fall behind you and Ryuzaki, after all the last thing I want is to be dead weight," Soichiro said, walking up to Light and (Y/n).

"Is Kira someone from Yotsuba?" L asked suddenly, catching everyone's attention, "or is Kira simply using Yotsuba? I haven't figured that out yet, but we'll proceed under the assumption that this is Kira's doing, we will focus on Yotsuba" L said with a glare.

Suddenly Mogi stood up with a large stack of papers, "this is all of the Yotsuba group's employees, here" Mogi said, placing the large stack of papers between L and Matsuda. "That's a lot of papers... How did you guys put this together so quickly?" (Y/n) asked while looking at the large stack of papers.

"Ryuzaki! Please tell me, is there anything I can do to help with the investigation? Besides the manager thing!" Matsuda suddenly said, realizing he isn't helping that much. "So... You really want to be useful?" L asked seriously, "yes!" Matsuda said with determination. "Then... Could you please get me another cup of coffee?" L asked, making (Y/n) sweatdrop, and Matsuda was surprised.

"And for our guest over there as well," L said, shifting his hand towards the guests who are just chilling on the couch together. "Wait, who are they? I didn't even notice them before" (Y/n) asked, realizing she didn't notice any guests come in today. "Hold on a sec, who let them in?" Light asks, letting (Y/n) know that she wasn't the only one who didn't notice them before.

"Those two are the newest members of the task force," L said, the two guests walked up to them to introduce themselves. "The name's Aiber, I'm a con man, how's it going?" Aiber asked rhetorically as his partner started introducing herself right after he finished. "I'm Wedy, and I'm a thief by trade," Wedy said, "oh... A con-man and a thief" Soichiro said with distaste.

"That's right, Aiber is a lifelong con-man, his unparalleled socials skills allow him to befriend, and gain the trust of any target, we'll use him for, infiltration," L said, telling them their usefulness to the case. "As for Wedy, she's a thief, who specializes in cracking high-end security systems, as proof of that, she was able to enter the building without setting off a single alarm," L said.

'So that's why we didn't see them earlier because they snuck in!' (Y/n) concluded in her thoughts, piecing things quickly. "You... You expect us to work with criminals?!" Soichiro asked with hatred in his tone, "yes, that is correct, however, these two have never once been caught, so they will most likely not be killed by Kira" L said while answering the question.

"Think of it as professionals of the underworld," L said, trying to make the situation less aggravating. "I understand, to investigate Yotsuba we're going to need the help of people like this" (Y/n) said, which Light nodded to, agreeing to what she just said.

"Yeah, let's all do our part and make this happen, okay?" Light said with an encouraging smile, which lightened up the atmosphere a bit. (Y/n) just hopes that no one dies when trying to catch Kira in Yotsuba, it's a shame that Ryuk won't tell her anything.