Chapter 60

It has been 5 days now, and (Y/n) just bought an apartment room near the task force headquarters. "Mom, please, this is important, I don't want you getting mixed up in all this" (Y/n) encouraged, while following her mother into the kitchen. "Hunny, I know you're worried, but I got a new life here! You're even working with the police! You should be proud of yourself" (M/n), her mother, reasoned.

"But, mom, Grandpa said-" (Y/n) tried again, only to be cut off. "Hunny, I know what Grandpa said, and I'm telling you, that I am just fine. Please Hunny, I don't want to go back to England, this discussion is over" (M/n) informed. They were both unaware of two hidden microphones and cameras watching the situation.

(Y/n) heaved out a sigh, "just... Don't give anyone your real name... Alright? I don't want Kira using you against me" (Y/n) said. "Alright Hunny, now go back to your work, they probably need you" (M/n) encouraged, giving her a reassuring smile. (Y/n) hugged her mother, before leaving back to the headquarters.

When she walked into the headquarters, she noticed Matsuda and the policeman setting up their audio. "Oh! (Y/n), you're right on time! We're going to listen in on Light's conversation" Matsuda informed, handing her a headset. "Thank you, Matsuda" (Y/n) said while putting on the headset, and taking a seat near the computers.

Once everything is set up, all they had to do is wait for Kiyomi to enter. "I missed you" Light suddenly said, once the hotel room door opened. This shocked (Y/n), and confused the two males, but quickly sent (Y/n) worried glances on how she will react to Light's weird greeting.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, it's just... Anyways, please sit down" Light said, sounding very nervous. "To be honest, it hasn't seemed that long since we last saw each other" Light said, trying to seem casual when talking to her. (Y/n) watches as the two just stare at each other, almost in a romantic setting.

"How's it going?" Aizawa questioned, as he walked into the headquarters. "The mood's perfect- Wait... Sorry (Y/n)" Matsuda quickly cut himself off, as he remembered (Y/n) is in the room. "That's not what I meant," Aizawa said, as he walked up to Matsuda, who quickly turned his attention back to the footage.

"Please give me a second... Hm? Kira?" Kiyomi questioned, surprising everyone. "She just said it's Kira!" The policeman announced while he and Matsuda clutched their headset, making sure they picked the audio up. "Wait... Kira's contacting her directly?" (Y/n) questioned, not expecting that outcome.

"You should answer it" Light encouraged, "Uh... Right," Kiyomi obeyed, quickly answering the call. "Hello? No, I'm with a friend right now... Yes, we're alone, he wanted to meet me all of the sudden" Kiyomi informed, only to look shocked. "He said that he wanted to speak to you," Kiyomi said while handing the phone over to Light.

"Yes, hello? 5 pages on November 26th? I don't get it, what do you mean?" Light questioned, hinting that he's Kira. "Yes... Yes... But how could I trust you're the real Kira? What's that? Sakura TV?" Light questioned. (Y/n) quickly picked up a controller, turning on the TV and going to Sakura TV.

"We invite Kira back to the program! No matter what it might take!" An announcer spoke, only to end up falling to the ground. "He died..." Matsuda pointed out the obvious, showing that the person Light is talking to is the real Kira. Light moved to a notepad, writing down something, and showing it to the camera.

On the notepad, it wrote, 'Kira wants to have the room checked for devices. I'm removing everything before he sees them'. "What? He's removing the bugs?" Matsuda questioned, "we don't have a choice," Aizawa said regretfully. Once all the bugs were removed, Light proceeds to tell Kiyomi he's Kira.

(Y/n) sat next to Matsuda, a look of sadness on her face, making it seem that she is sad for being cheated on. When in reality, she's sad that Kiyomi is getting mixed up in all the chaos. "Light, are you alright?" Matsuda questioned after receiving a phone call from Light.

"Yeah... Kiyomi was able to work things out with Kira, I've decided from now on, I'm going to pretend to be dating her. We might be able to find Kira that way" Light informed with a satisfied smile. 'I'm sorry my Goddess, but this is necessary for our future, please bare with me... (Y/n)' Light thought, as his smile turned into a regretful look.