Chapter 34

Light decided to call Namikawa during the meeting, "is this the agent Namikawa? Head of the Yotsuba Group's marketing department?" Light asks through the phone, waiting a bit for an answer. "Listen carefully, but don't draw attention to yourself, I am L" Light says after receiving an answer from the other side of the phone line.

'I've placed cameras and wiretaps surrounding that meeting room, even as I speak, I'm recording footage of your entire meeting. The first thing you discussed was Hatori's death, now you're debating who to kill next, am I correct?" Light said while proving that he isn't playing a bluff on Namikawa.

"If you are not Kira, or if you are not someone who could contact Kira directly, let's make a deal," Light said, going straight to the point on why he contacted Namikawa. "I need you to delay the deaths of the ELF's President and Mr. Zenzime by one month, I doubt it would be difficult for someone of your standings to accomplish that," Light said, waiting for a confirmation.

"If you complete your end of the deal, and corporate with our requests, from now on your crimes. no, not just yours, but everyone's crimes, except for Kira's, will be pardoned. Based on the premise that Kira blacked mailed you to participate in these meetings" Light said, giving Namikawa a reason to follow the deal.

"If you tell the others about this call, they will panic, it would be of no advantage to you, everyone would be arrested immediately. But that's not my intention, I'm planning to go one on one against Kira, listen, if I win against Kira, you would be released of all charges. If Kira wins, then you would be free to carry on with your comfortable life" Light said, trying to keep the male from ruining the investigation.

"That's all for now," Light said, finishing his threat, "right, I'll see you Monday then," Namikawa said, using it as an excuse to hang up the phone. "What's going on Namikawa? Who was that?" Ooi asked, being suspicious of Namikawa's phone call. "Oh, one of my men screwed up again, I'll have to fix it on Monday" Namikawa lied, Ooi believed it.

"Anyways, sorry for the interruption, let's get back on topic, we're discussing when we should kill Zenzime, and the men from ELF," Namikawa said, not noticing the suspicious look Shinura is giving Namikawa. "Here's what I'm thinking, we'll give Coil one month to reveal L's identity. If he still hasn't uncovered the information we need, then we can go ahead and kill the targets randomly" Namikawa said, trying to find an excuse to push the murders past a month.

"Then, we'll give him another month to investigate, and repeat the process, once we get rid of L permanently, we can go back to killing 2 to 3 people a week. In other words, our top priority should be the elimination of L" Namikawa said, being a little bit suspicious with his plan, but the group didn't suspect anything.

"I see... Once we kill L, there won't be anything standing in our way, but until then, we need to be careful" Midou said, agreeing with Namikawa's argument. "Right, sounds like a reasonable plan to me," Ooi said, "we need to be extremely careful if we don't want to get caught, then we're in agreement, we'll give Coil 1 month," Shimura said.

"Agreed," All the group members said, except Namikawa, who did as Light asked him to. "H-He actually did it..." (Y/n) pointed out, quite surprised that went well. "You really are quite amazing Light, not only did you manage to delay the killings, but you also set up Namikawa as a potential mole for us," L said while complementing Light.

"Light gets complemented by L? That's a sight to behold" (Y/n) said with a chuckle, not being used to L complimenting people. "At this rate, if I end up dying somehow, it's quite possible that you would be capable of succeeding me," L said, which was disliked by (Y/n) and Light.

"What?! Why are you being so morbid!? There isn't time for that! We only have a month to figure out Kira's identity, and gather evidence against him to prove it! This is only the beginning" Light said, trying to convince L to look on the bright side of things. "He's right L, don't think of such things, look on the bright side of life" (Y/n) suggested, not wanting to think about her best friend dying, only to have... Light becomes L and Kira.

"But, I honestly believe Light can take this on... Tell me, if I shall die, would you take over for me as L?" L asked Light in a serious tone. 'Light takes over as L? That would be the worst-case scenario! He would be Kira and L! PLaying murderer and investigator, with no one suspecting it is him!' (Y/n) thought, it was a dark thought.