Chapter 3

When the school has ended, she notices Light walking the same way as her, he notices as well and takes the opportunity to talk to her. "Hello again, I didn't get to introduce myself, I'm Light Yagami, what's your name?" Light asks, hoping to get her name as well. She goes to answer him, but sees Ryuk behind her, shaking his head, trying to silently indicate to not tell him.

"I-I... U-Uhm... Kelly... Kelly (L/n)" (Y/n) lies, but she said it loud enough for Light to hear her. "Kelly... That is a lovely name" Light says, not really liking the name, it doesn't really fit the girl. 'It doesn't matter, she won't live long anyways' Light concluded, satisfied he got her name.

"Looks like this is my stop, I'll see you around," Light says, entering his home, Ryuk surprisingly doesn't follow him. (Y/n) continues to the house next door to Light's house, entering it. Her mother is at work, she told her beforehand that she works till dinner.

She enters her room, turning on the news, "hey, little human?" Ryuk asks, making (Y/n) jump. "Eeep! S-Stop doing that! W-Why are you following me...?" (Y/n) asks, deciding to confront the entity since she is alone. "You interest me, names Ryuk" Ryuk introduces, wanting the human to know his name.

"Now, I suggest you don't get too close to Light, it will be your undoing," Ryuk says, fazing through the wall to go mess with Light. "Wha- Hey! D-Don't just say that and leave!" (Y/n) says, quite annoyed he just left after a warning. Suddenly she gets a call from a very old friend of hers, a person who goes by the name of L.

She met L when she moved to England, her mother is friends with the founder of Wammy's House, who needed help raising the children. (Y/n) is around the same age as L, growing up with gifted children. She wasn't, still isn't, gifted, but she still made great friends with all of them.

"Hey, L, long time no speak, what do you need?" (Y/n) asks without stuttering, she knows him so she is comfortable talking to him. "It has been way too long, I need some help on this investigation if you don't mind?" L asks, wanting to see his old friend, and old crush, again.

"Fine, have Uncle Wari pick me up" (Y/n) said, using the old friend's nickname, remembering she isn't allowed to reveal his whole name. With Light, he is continuing his work on writing down criminal names, becoming supper popular, everyone is calling him Kira.

He then starts writing down (Y/n)'s fake name, starting with Kelly, when he started to get to her last name, he hesitated. "Heh... Why am I hesitating...?" Before he could ponder more, the channel is interrupted by a broadcast. "I am Lind L. Tailor, otherwise known as L," the broadcast said.

Then the broadcaster threw a jab at Kira, calling them evil, hoping to provoke the killer. "You think... I'm evil...? I AM JUSTICE! I PROTECT THE INNOCENT AND THOSE WHO FEAR EVIL! I'LL BECOME THE NEW GOD OF A NEW WORLD THAT EVERYONE DESIRES! ALL THE ONES WHO OPPOSE THAT GOD? THOSE ARE THE ONSE WHO ARE TRULY EVIL!" Light yells angrily.

He then goes to the book, erasing (Y/n)'s name and putting down Lind L. Tailor's name, taking up a whole page out of his anger. (Y/n) and L watches in anticipation, and suddenly Tailor started clutching his heart, making (Y/n) gasp in horror from the outcome.

Before he could flop over and die, L turned the volume down, and covered (Y/n)'s eyes, not wanting her to see the death. When Tailor is carried off-screen, L takes his hand off of (Y/n)'s eyes and turned the volume back up, it's now his turn to laugh at Kira.

"I had to test this just in case but, I-I never thought it would actually happen, Kira, it seems you can kill people without having to be there in person," L said. "I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't just witnessed it, just so you know Kira, Tailor is not me."

"I assure you L does exist, I exist, now... Try to kill me! What's wrong? Hurry up!" L started to provoke Kira, making (Y/n) worried. "Well, looks like you can't kill me after all... So there are some people you can't kill" L concluded, "since you gave me a useful hint, I'll tell you something, we're only broadcasting in the Kanto Region of Japan."

Then L started to deduce who Kira is, right on the dot on how it all started, (Y/n) always admires his intelligence. He is quite certain that he will catch the killer quickly, ending the broadcast at that. "Thank you for the suggestion of sending an inmate up, and telling him to provoke Kira," L said to (Y/n).

"Well... I thought that, if he is only killing criminals, he would be mad that he is also called a criminal" (Y/n) said, quite proud of her lucky gamble. "But, do we have to sentence him to death...?" (Y/n) asks, not she doesn't like the idea of killing people, heck she didn't even know the inmate would die.

"(Y/n), you can't save everyone, don't worry, I'll make sure nothing bad happens to you" L promised. "I'm not worried about myself! I'm worried about you!" (Y/n) said, "don't worry, because wherever Kira is hiding, I swear I will hunt them down wherever their hiding, and I will eliminate them! I am justice!" L concluded.