Chapter 66

"This has been a year of breakthroughs for me, and I'm sure for many others as well. And what better way to bring this year to an exciting close than with the East-West Pop Music Festival? I'm your host for this evening, Kiyomi Takada, we all hope you enjoy the show " Kiyomi announced on the NHN channel.

(Y/n) is currently facing Lindner in the hallway, which is blocking her way. "E-Excuse me... Do you need something...?" (Y/n) questioned. "Pardon me, we're from the SPK, we'll need you to come with us" the Commander informed both (Y/n) and Mogi, acting as if they never met before.

"Before we continue, I'm afraid I must apologize on behalf of the staff of NHN. It's very unfortunate, but it seems that this year's opening act Miss. (Y/n) (L/n) has not entered the concert hall yet" Kiyomi informed. This caught everyone off guard and worried Light greatly.

"Of course, many unexpected things can happen at the pop music..." Kiyomi goes on to try and make an excuse for (Y/n)'s absence. "What's going on? Mogi didn't tell us anything about this" Aizawa pointed out, confused by their absence. '(Y/n)... I knew I should've tried harder to keep her here, damn it!' Light thought in anger.

"Uhm... Excuse me... But I need to be at NHN for the opening act, is there a reason you're taking us?" (Y/n) questioned calmy. "(Y/n), we need to do this in order to catch Kira" Mogi informed, seemingly having knowledge of what's happening. "R-Really? How so?" (Y/n) questioned further, wanting in on the plan.

"You should know that I was going to take you at gunpoint, as a last resort. But, you didn't resist, that was a great help, thank you Mr. Mogi" the Commander said. "(Y/n)... This is for your own safety, so... Please continue to stay calm, and stop asking questions" Mogi ordered.

"Near" Light said through the mic, "yes? What is it L?" Near asked, pretending to play innocent. "We have a problem, Mogi and (Y/n) (L/n) have gone missing" Light informed, hoping Near can help him find (Y/n). "I'm already aware of that, I was the one who took them into custody, along with Misa Amane" Near informed.

The task force was left surprised by the information, while Light seemed more pissed off. "For what reason?" Light questioned, unaware that Near is smiling at the outcome. "Oh, just in case," Near said casually, "Near, kidnapping is a blatant criminal act! You have to stop this, now!" Light demanded.

"Actually, Mr. Mogi, Amane, and (Y/n) all came here willingly, you can even ask them yourself. I'll put them on the line now" Near said, as he showed an image of Misa clinging to (Y/n)'s arm while sitting next to Mogi. "Mogi, Misa, (Y/n), this is L speaking, I'm told that Near is detaining you, he said that you all agreed to it, is that true?" Light asked.

"It is" Mogi confirmed, unaware that (Y/n) isn't being detained, as Near will let her out later. "Ah... Actually, I was against the whole thing! But Mochi said that it be best if I just went along quietly, he told me we'd both be killed if I didn't!" Misa exclaimed to Light.

"I... I knew about this whole thing, so I agreed to it" (Y/n) revealed, shocking Light. "Alright... As long as you are all content to this" Light said while ending the call. "Commander, I want (Y/n) to be detained in this room with me, so I can personally keep an eye on her" Near informed.

(Y/n) was quickly removed from the detainment, Mogi and Misa are in. (Y/n) is currently sitting next to Near, a handcuff connected to her wrist and Nears. She is watching the NHN show and seeing people getting angry about not seeing (Y/n) perform.

"So, you knew about my plan?" Near asked in a teasing tone, "being around you all since young, gave me a 6th sense of what you're thinking" (Y/n) said honestly. "It was necessary," Near said, before he could say more, a call came through. "Sir. I've succeeded in touching the notebook. I can't confirm the existence of any Shinigami at this time" Jivany announce.

"Commander Rester, please connect me with Mr. Mogi for a moment" Near informed. The screen changed to look upon Misa and Mogi still sitting on the couch. "Mr. Mogi, according to your investigation, and the rules of the notebook, how long can a person be controlled before their death?" Near questioned.

"Based on the data we got, from Yotsuba's experiments, it's 23 days" Mogi informed. "Are you sure?" Near questioned, "yes, I'd say that the killings done by Yotsuba were more than enough to prove it" Mogi confirmed. "Thank you for your assistance," Near said, "WAIT! Tell me-" Misa started, only to be cut off by Near hanging up.

"Near... You know, you could've asked me for that information" (Y/n) said, giving Near a playful shoulder bump. "I know, but I'm trying to slowly get you out of this situation. So let's consider the possibility that Jivany is already being controlled, in that case, they could be making him say that there's no Shinigami" Near said.

"That means, I need to confront L, in exactly 24 days," Near said while staring at 2 toys of him and Light. "If Jivany is still alive until then..." Near mumbled out. "Don't worry Near, I know you can figure this out, just know that I'm on your side, and will help you win" (Y/n) said reassuringly, getting a genuine smile from Near.

"Photographs?" The Commander asked as it's January 6th, "yes, I want to see exactly what he wrote in the notebook. I want to see the pattern in how Mikami writes if there are any habits, and what kind of notebook it is" Near said while "sitting" on (Y/n)'s lap.

"I want to see it all, in detail, with my own eyes," Near said, not revealing his secret plan. Soon they received multiple images of the pages Jivany took pictures of. "What do you think Near?" (Y/n) said, while looking at the multiple screens, "perfect, Jivany has done an excellent job" Near stated, quite happily.

"It looks like the handwriting matches that of a records Mikami keeps as a prosecutor, there's absolutely no doubt, that's his handwriting" (Y/n) pointed out. "With this... We can do it" Near said, with a gear smile on his face, already tasting victory. "Then... Let's get started then" (Y/n) announced, ready to use her skills to help them.