Ryuk x Reader

After Light had passed, he decided to hand over the book to (Y/n). Of course, being her innocent soul, she handed it over to Near. It didn't matter to him, either way, he followed (Y/n) around like a lost puppy, much to Sebastian's annoyance. He never told her his true feelings, but if it ever come down to it, he'd do anything for her.

"I am W... No, that doesn't sound right" (Y/n) scolded herself in the mirror, while wearing a baggy shirt and exaggerated mask. "I think you're doing a splendid job," Ryuk said with a cackle, to indicate his sarcasm. "S-Shush you! I'm scared of big crowds! Especially the new police recruits!" She whined, still as shy as ever around people.

"My Lady, ignore that... Pest, I think you'll do a wonderful job" Sebastian reassured with one of his iconic smiles. Currently, (Y/n) had taken the role of Watari. She and her mother had moved into the massive building L had left for them, in case another Kira popped up. Being friends with Watari, she knew about the case, thanks to Near telling her of the dangers.

On another note, (Y/n) had yet to see another strange entity ever since she met Ryuk and Sebastian. Thanks to that, she had gotten better sleep. "Oh my! I'm late! Why didn't you guys tell me!" (Y/n) yelped as she spotted the time, now hastily getting everything on. "Don't blame me, blame the demon" Ryuk accused while devouring an apple core.

"I'll have you know, she never told me the time she was to leave" Sebastian shot back while glaring at the reaper. "Are you guys following me or not?" (Y/n) asked from the doorway. "Gladly," Ryuk said as he happily floated towards her, while Sebastian shook his head. "I'll stay here and watch over the house, have fun My Lady" Sebastian dismissed, with that she and the reaper scurried off.

It's a difficult life loving a human being, knowing how short their lifespan is. But, although he'll never admit it, he is glad that she won't die anytime soon. Even so, he won't make the mistake of killing himself off just for her to live on without him. No, no, he decided that when she dies, he will kill the person who caused it, thus dying with her.

Unlike the demon, who wants her to be immortal, he won't allow that. Despite the pros of immortality, the cons are way worse over time. Take his homeland into account, they are all immortal beings, yet all bored out of their mind! Eventually, his homeland would be nothing but dust. On top of that, eventually, the world would end, what is she to do stuck on a dying planet? Too many complications and too many unlikable scenarios for Ryuk.

This is why he chooses to enjoy the time he has with his human. Ignoring the fact his homeland is dying and oblivious to the truth of her death. "I love you, more than you could ever know. I will die, knowing that I had loved you, then pray I can see you again" Ryuk had whispered to himself, knowing that his human would not hear him. It's better that way, that she would die not knowing his secret.

----[End]----