L Lawliet x Reader's Ending

Seventh Day of Confinement

"Light, you've only been here for one week, I'm sure it can't be easy, are you feeling alright?" L asked Light. But, they were only met with silence, suddenly he lifted his head, "yeah, I know I must look pretty bad in here, but this useless pride. I suppose I have to, get rid of it" Light said suddenly.

Suddenly Ryuk untangled himself from his weird handstand, along with twisting his body back into place. Ryuk then looms over Light, staring at him for a moment, "no" Ryuk said to Light, making Light turn to him with a scowl. "I said... I have to, Get. Rid. Of. It" Light said a bit louder to Ryuk.

"Yeah, I heard you, and I said no," Ryuk said with a chuckle, "what do you mean no?" Light mumbled out to Ryuk, trying not to get his voice picked up by the mic. "You heard me, I said no," Ryuk said, once again, "but I am relinquishing ownership of the book" Light grumbled out, but the mics heard it.

"I know, but there is no law saying that I have to follow that relinquish, so the book is still yours," Ryuk said with a chuckle. "Why you!" Light accidentally shouted out, making the policemen confused, "Light, who are you talking to?" L asked through the mic, making Light remember that he is on audio.

"Me talking to someone? You must be hearing things" Light said, trying to play it off, but now is (Y/n)'s time to jump in. "Actually... He is talking to Ryuk" (Y/n) said, being heard by Light and the other policemen, 'my Goddess... No!' Light thought with a scowl. "(Y/n)! Is that you? Why are you saying such things? Who's Ryuk?" Light said with a confused look.

With (Y/n), the police and L are looking at (Y/n) for answers, "I have a lot to explain... But, I'm a victim of Kira, I've been hanging out with Light, not because I wanted to..." (Y/n) said. "What do you mean?" L asks her, quite worried about where this confession is going. "Light... Threatened to kill my family if I didn't comply with him, now that he is behind bars... I can freely speak" (Y/n) said confidently.

"My Goddess... YOUR LYING! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!" Light yelled, reminding L that he isn't on mute, so he decided to mute them. "Why does he want you with him?" L asks her, "well... I never told you this Ryu... But... I've always been able to see strange entities, like Ryuk who is standing next to Light, and that shadow demon in the corner over there" (Y/n) said, pointing to a random shaded corner.

"Recently, I've been able to see names... Along with their lifespan, and Kira... Light, wanted to use that to his advantage" (Y/n) said while looking down. "He... He wanted me t-t-to kill you... I-I couldn't do it! I just couldn't... That's why I arrived late at night to your place while crying..." (Y/n) confessed.

"So this means... He really is Kira?" The young policeman asked, making (Y/n) nod in confirmation, suddenly she is pulled down by her collar, and is kissed by L. "Thank you, for telling us this, and not going along with his plans" L said with a smile towards (Y/n), turning away quickly to not show the growing blush.

"Mr. Yagami... I have some... Bad news" L started, but paused to allow Soichiro to yell out in denial, "please calm down... I know this is hard on you" L said, trying to calm the parent down. "But, we recently got an eyewitness of Light being Kira, I am sorry Mr. Yagami," L said to the parent in sadness, watching the male break down on the prison floor.

"What about Misa Amane?" The older policeman asked once they muted the mic again, "what about her? She is just an innocent girl, who does modeling, nothing more..." (Y/n) lied, not wanting to toss Misa under the bus. "Very well, we will release her tomorrow, along with a trial for Light Yagami," L said, standing up.

The trial was long and harsh, Light's family came in to testify for Light, but (Y/n)'s evidence for everything was too much. Ryuk even handed her the Death Note that Light buried, to show to the court, showing a projection of the pages of names written down, and even the time of deaths on them.

In the end, Light was sentenced to death, Light's Father surprisingly didn't kill himself from the news, since he still has a family to go back to. But, the Yagami family was never the same, they called (Y/n) a murderer, living in denial that Light was Kira, saying she killed an innocent kid, who had a future.

(Y/n) somehow convinced her Mother to live away from the Yagami family, cutting them out of her life. She then goes on to live with L, spending the rest of the University with him. Along with becoming his partner investigator, even though her career plan wasn't along those lines.

(Y/n) is now currently walking with L under the moonlight through the park. "It's so lovely out here, how come we don't do this more often?" (Y/n) asks while staring up at the stars. She waited for an answer, but didn't hear one, so she turns around, "L?..." When she did, she sees him on the ground on one knee, holding up a ring box in front of her.

Instantly (Y/n) gasped, bringing her hands up to her mouth, crying tears of joy for how long she has waited for him to ask. "(Y/n)... Will you do me the favor of becoming my wife?" L asked with a blush. "Y-Yes!" (Y/n) shouted through her tears, going up to him to hug him.

"I thought you would never ask!" (Y/n) cried out through the hug, not seeing the smirk L is sending at the sky. 'I win Light, I am justice, I win this game! Along with winning my girl, my wife, don't worry, I will make sure to treat her well in your place' L thought with a smirk, giving a kiss to (Y/n)'s cheek.

---[End]---