Chapter 47

"What was that?! Rodger! What did you just say?!" Mello questioned, not wanting to believe his friend is dead, and the other is in trouble. "I'm afraid... L is dead... This means (Y/n) is in a lot of trouble" Rodger silently said, making Mello gasp in shock and worry.

"(Y/n)'s in trouble?! That bastard was supposed to protect her! How did he die?!" Mello demanded. "Was it Kira? Is that bastard threatening her?! Did Kira kill him?!" Mello questioned after receiving no answer from Rodger. "Come on Rodger! You've got to tell me!" Mello demanded, quite worried for the (h/c) haired girl.

"Probably..." Rodger mumbled out, causing Mello to climb onto the desk, "but he promised me he'd find Kira, and execute him! Now you're telling me, he's been killed, and now (Y/n) is in danger?!" Mello questioned in a strained voice. This was interrupted by Near dumping his puzzle.

"if you can't win the game, if you can't solve the puzzle, then you're just a loser" Near cryptically said. "So, which of us did L pick to help (Y/n)? Me, or Near?" Mello questioned. "He hasn't chosen yet... Now that he's gone, I'm afraid that he won't be able to" Rodger sadly said.

"Mello, listen, you too Near, can't the two of you work together? For (Y/n)'s sake" Rodger questioned. "Alright, sounds good," Near said casually, not seeing any issues with the team-up. "It'll never work, Rodger! Even if (Y/n) is involved, we can't do this together... You know I don't get along with Near... We've always competed against each other... Always" Mello said.

"You know what? It's fine... Near should be the one to succeed L, he's not like me, he never gets emotional. He just uses his head, like it's a game or a puzzle, Near is our best bet at saving (Y/n) from that... That monster" Mello reluctantly said, putting away his pride for (Y/n).

"And as for me... I'm leaving this institution! I'll help (Y/n) in my own way..." Mello said as he started to walk away. "Wait! Mello!" Rodger demanded as he stood up from his chair. "Don't waste your breath, I'm almost 15 years old, it's time I started living my own life, and save (Y/n) on my own" Mello announced as he left.

It had been 5 years since the incident, presenting evidence of the Kira case to the FBI. "A police officer, who happened to be nearby, during Higuchi's arrest, overheard him talking about a notebook. If you write a person's name in it with their face in mind, that person will die" Near presented, already caught up with the case.

"So that's what you're saying? That this... Notebook of death actually is?" The President asked Near. "That's right, at this point, the Japanese police should have it in their possession" Near pointed out. Over the past 3 years, Near devoted his time to gathering evidence for the Kira case. He decided to meet with the president and the director of the FBI on this matter.

"Mr. President, this L is a fake, he's created by the Japanese police. To avoid confusion and panic amongst International Police Agencies, the real L is dead" Near informed. "Director Maison, this boy... Who is he?" The President questioned, quite confused how Near got all this information.

"Sir, Near is... Well in a sense you could call him the true successor to L" Maison pointed out in the best way he can. The USA decided to create their own investigation team independent of L, to go after Kira, they called it the SPK, also known as Special Provision For Kira. This team is composed of hand-picked FBI and CIA agents, along with Near.

(Y/n) is currently making tea with the help of Sebastion, while the others talked about their plan. "Does anyone want any tea?" (Y/n) questioned while bringing in cups full of tea. "Thank you (Y/n)" Matsuda said while helping with passing around the teacups.

"I'm home!" Sayu announced as she opened the door, this got everyone's attention. "HEY!! HOW'S IT GOING?!" Misa announced while standing up and waving around her arms. "Oh, Sayu, I didn't know you were coming back so soon, I would've made you tea..." (Y/n) said sadly.

"Oh Light, Misa, (Y/n), seems like it's been forever you 3, missed you guys," Sayu said happily. "AWE! We missed you too!!" Misa said while squishing her own cheeks. "And you must be... Mr. Matsuda, right?" Sayu asked, making Matsuda blush at how cute Sayu is.

While Matsuda is embarrassing himself in front of Sayu, Light sneakingly grabs (Y/n)'s wrist and pulled her next to him. "Matsuda, careful, you're blushing" (Y/n) pointed out with a chuckle, "what?! Really? No way!" Matsuda said nervously. "Well, then you can forget it, I'll never let Sayu marry a cop," Soichiro said with a glare.

"Yes, that's right, I'd never want that for my daughter" Sachiko agreed, which made Matsuda depressed. "Don't worry Matsuda, you'll find someone, someday" (Y/n) assured, making Matsuda blush again. "Well... You're too cruel to me Mom and Dad" Matsuda said boldly.

(Y/n) didn't really pay attention to the rest, going into a daze of how to avenge L. Her thoughts were cut off when Misa accidentally pushed Light into her. "But of course, Light and (Y/n) haven't changed one bit! You both are just as wonderful, and beautiful as when I first met you both!" Misa exclaimed happily.

"You've already got a career and everything, make it official, you 3 should stop living together secretly, and just get married already" Sayu proposed. "I think that's a great idea!" Misa exclaimed, not noticing Light's dark look at being touched by Misa. Along with (Y/n)'s downcasted look, who wants to disapprove of the idea of being married to a monster.