Chapter 48

The fun atmosphere was then ruined by the sound of Soichiro's cellphone ringing. "Yes? What is it Aizawa?... Hm?! Yes... Right... Okay..." Soichiro then hung up the phone. "We have to go, Matsuda, Light, (Y/n), come with me" Soichiro demanded while he started to walk out of the room.

Light and Matsuda quickly got up, running after Soichiro, with Light dragging (Y/n) along. "Kidnapping? Involving who?" (Y/n) questioned, as they drove somewhere. "They got director Attakimora of the NPA, not sure who's behind it," Soichiro said, making Light worried for bringing (Y/n) along.

"Ah damn it... It's if we don't have enough on our plates already, but the Kira case" Matsuda commented, as they arrive at the building. All of them quickly got out of the car to run into the building, going into the Deputy Director's office. "Are you sure about this?" Soichiro questioned the group of policemen.

"Unfortunately, yeah... We got the call at 6:12, which was about 45 minutes ago. In the meantime, we were able to confirm the call originated from a cellphone" a police officer informed. "Did the kidnappers make any demands, in terms of ransom?" (Y/n) questioned the group.

"They did... They want to trade, the director for the notebook" Aizawa informed, surprising everyone. 'Damn it... Who is behind this? And for what reason?" Light questioned, gripping (Y/n)'s hand a bit tightly. "Do you think it's Kira?" A policeman asked, "maybe not, if the existence of another notebook has been leaked. There could be any number of people who want it for themselves" Aizawa pointed out.

"Wait, hold on, Dad, did you say anything to the Director about the notebook? We all agreed to keep the information between the 7 of us. So he didn't know, did he?" Light questioned, pinning the spotlight on his Dad. "I never told the Director, so he couldn't tell the kidnappers anything," Soichiro said.

'Who knew giving a little tip to one policeman would cause this chaos...' (Y/n) thought with a sweatdrop, knowing full well who got the information. 'Someone knows about the Death Note, beyond that, they know that the Japanese police have it, and now they've come to claim it for themselves' Light thought with a scowl, not liking the upcoming outcome.

"Notify every mural in the Police Department, there only above the kidnapping itself" Soichiro commanded as they quickly go to work. Only to be told to wait for a call from the suspect, and then proceed to follow their orders and demands. While (Y/n) is hopping the suspect is who she thinks it is.

Somewhere, with the Director of the police force, he is tied up onto a chair, surrounded by 2 buff men. The door opened to Mello walking in, with a bodyguard behind him. "Has he decided to say anything, yet?" The bodyguard asked, "he told us the Japanese police was gonna wimp out on Kira" one of the buff men stated.

"Looks like right now, the only ones who are officially working for L, Soichiro Yagami, Kanzo Mogi, and Touta Matsuda, isn't that right?" The buff man asked. "Yeah..." The Director confirmed, "of all the investigators on the task force, Deputy Director Yagami would be the highest-ranking, right?" Mello asked.

"Y-Yeah..." The Director shakingly said, making Mello smirk, pointing a finger in the air. "My theory that there are 2 notebooks out there, one of them is in Kira's possession, the other's is with the NPA... We're going to take both of them" Mello announced.

"Don't worry, as long as we do what Mello says, there will be no mistakes, it's been a year and a half since he joined us. That entire time, he's never been wrong about anything" a bodyguard said reassuringly. "That is so weird, if he is able to bring us, the head of a Mafia boss, that even Kira himself couldn't kill, why would he need the notebook?" One of the Mafia gang members asked.

"It's not just the notebook I'm after! I want to eliminate my competition and save a certain someone. I will be the best, I don't care what it takes, I'll beat Near, and save (Y/n) by any means necessary" Mello promised, with a determined look. Unaware that Near is already teaming up with the police to grab the notebooks as well, ready to save (Y/n) from her hell.