Chapter 36

A week has passed, the start of the investigation team's plan, to use Misa to gain information from the Yotsuba group. (Y/n) is in Misa's room, along with Light and L to help Misa act out her reaction to talking to the Yotsuba group. "Alright, let's try again! From the top" L said, giving the signal to start.

"Tell me Misa, is it true you once said that you've come to Tokyo in order to meet Kira?" Aiber asked Misa. "WHAT!" Misa yelled dramatically, getting a soft wack on the head from L. "Misa, I thought you were an actor, why are you overreacting?" (Y/n) questioned, since this is the 10th attempt today.

"Huh? I am! I thought that was a realistic performance" Misa said with a pout towards (Y/n). "Just do it again Misa," L said, "whatever you say, oh so great director~," Misa said sarcastically. "Get serious about this, I'll kick you" L warned, "L, I know this is tiring, but don't kick the actor" (Y/n) said with a sigh.

Now, it's time to put Misa's acting into action, sending Misa to her interview with the Yotsuba group, they all hope it goes well. Currently (Y/n) is sitting on Light's lap, since L sits funny, Light is staring at a screen of criminal deaths, comparing the past Kira and the current Kira's killings.

"I see you've noticed it too... The M.O., it doesn't match... It makes it possible that it is two different people with different motives" (Y/n) whispered to Light, catching his attention. "I did notice, this Kira is killing criminals as soon as their crimes were broadcasted on TV, regardless of the situation" Light whispered back, pointing to a picture of criminals.

"He's punishing people who never intended to kill, those who sincerely regretted their crimes or people with excusable circumstances. The original Kira would've never punished those kinds of people, I believe that is what L is thinking too" Light said, while gently hugging (Y/n) by the waist.

"But... The way the original Kira acted... Is disturbingly close to my ideals" Light said, clinching (Y/n) a little tighter from the disturbing thought. "Sorry, my thoughts are just messed up, I'm comparing myself to a murderer when I'm not," Light said while loosening his hold on (Y/n).

"Right..." (Y/n) said hesitantly, but Light didn't notice as he nuzzled his face into her hair. "I'm glad you don't think I'm a murderer, I don't know what I would do if you thought of me as that" Light mumbled into her hair. 'But... I do think of you as a murderer... Because... You are Kira' (Y/n) thought with an unreadable look.

They continue to wait for Misa to come back from the interview, (Y/n) is still on Light's lap, with Light giving her a loving gaze. They then hear the door open, catching everyone's attention, except for Light, "HEY!" Misa yelled, finally snapping Light's attention to her.

"Oh... I'm exhausted..." Misa said while wandering towards Light and (Y/n), being oblivious to Light's gaze, she got off Light's lap, and let Misa take it. "Hey!" Light said, a little annoyed that Misa took (Y/n)'s spot on his lap, "how did it go?" (Y/n) asked, being oblivious to Light's annoyance.

"Yotsuba agreed to hire Misa on as their spokesperson, for the new ad campaign," Mogi said instead of Misa. "Really? That's great!" (Y/n) said happily, glad that the plan is going well so far. "I even made sure to give them my cell phone number, would you believe 3 out of 7 guys already messaged me asking for a private date?" Misa said.

"So, now I accept their invitations and investigate them, right? Oh, it's going exactly as I planned!" Misa exclaimed happily. "No, the plan is getting canceled right now" Light demanded, even though he secretly wants Misa to die, he has to play the innocent guy. "Huh? But why? Everything is going so smoothly, up until now" Misa asked, quite confused by Light's remark.

"Awe, Light's just really worried about you, plus, I don't want you going on dates with those old slimy men" (Y/n) exclaimed. "Awh... Alright, if that's what you both want, then that's what I'll do" Misa said, but she is quite touched by (Y/n)'s protectiveness, and Light's worry.

Misa stands up from Light's lap, "oh well, I'm feeling pretty tired, tomorrow's shoot is bright and early, so I better get some sleep!" Misa said, excusing herself to her apartment room. While L watches Misa walk away, Light grabs (Y/n)'s wrist to bring her back to his lap, and wraps his arms around her waist.

"Hey Light, (Y/n), wanna come and sleep with me tonight?" Misa asked while looking at them with a lustful look. "W-What are you talking about?" Light asks, pretending to be oblivious to Misa's question. This made Misa laugh, "just kidding! You're both saving it after we catch Kira, right? You two don't have to be shy about it!" Misa teased but finally leaves.

Light is glaring at Misa's feeding figure, because (Y/n) is blushing madly from the lude remark from Misa. "I should also head to bed..." (Y/n) said, while attempting to stand up, but she was held down by Light. "Uhm... Do you want to sleep with me? N-Not in the sexual sense of course" Light asks her, ignoring L's glare. "Uhm... S-Sure!" (Y/n) said, while her face is as red as a tomato, getting the answer he wanted, he picks her up bridal style and takes her to his room out of pure adrenaline.

It's the next evening, Misa is doing another shoot with Mogi as her new manager. Only to have Mogi arrive back without Misa with him. "Mogi... Where's Misa?" (Y/n) asked with a worried look, "she's on a date? I am not quite sure" Mogi answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

Eventually, Misa arrived back, "I'm back~! I have a surprise for you all!" Misa said, taking out her phone. The phone started playing the recording of Higuchi telling her how he is Kira. "I'm Kira, so in order to make you trust me, and prove that I'm him, I'll stop killing criminals for the time being. Then once you're fully convinced I'm the real thing, you and I can get married" Higuchi said, which ended the recording.

"And so... Based on what he said, Higuchi is Kira!" Misa announced proudly, while Matsuda has his mouth open in surprise, and everyone else looks shocked. "Now, we not only know Kira's identity, but all those deaths that were worrying the chief are going to stop! That's amazing Misa Misa" Matsuda exclaimed happily, praising the girl.