Chapter 63

"L, this is Near, I have a small request if Mr. Aizawa is there, would it be possible for me to speak to him?" Near asked, but before Light could answer, Aizawa walked up to the mic. "Near, this is Aizawa, what is it?" Aizawa questioned, wanting to get to the point.

"I have a question, regarding surveillance for L and Takada's meetings, are you recording both audio and video feed to the conversations?" Near asked. "Uh... No, only an audio feed right now" Aizawa informed with a sweatdrop while sending Light a glance.

"I see, only wiretaps at the moment, how interesting, thank you very much," Near said, as he then ended the call. "If they're only using wiretaps, then it's safe to assume that L-Kira and X-Kira have found a way to contact each other through Takada" The Commander pointed out.

"We knew the risks getting into this, to be blunt, what's important is that L starts focusing his attention on Lindner and Takada. In the meantime, we'll use the opportunity to investigate Miskani further" Near said, while hanging up 3 lego people onto the Christmas tree, but kept the lego person that represents (Y/n) in his hand.

"How are things, Jivany?" The Commander asked, "well... About Miskani, it's strange, it's ridiculously easy to trail him. He's not trying to hide or anything, he's lived in the same place for the past 4 years. There's nothing unusual about him, he also seems totally dedicated to his career as a prosecutor, I'm beginning to think he can't be X-Kira" Jivany informed.

"No, there's a very high probability that Miskani is X-Kira, please be very careful" Near warned. "Don't enter his room yet, just keep watch over him for now" Near ordered. "Gatcha" Jivany said as he followed Near's order, being very careful when watching Miskani.

"Man... That was a lot of meetings... How does Misa do this?" (Y/n) complained to Mogi. "Yes? Yes, of course, I'll ask her right now," Mogi said through the phone, not paying attention to (Y/n)'s complaints. "Ah... (Y/n), Takada would like to have dinner with you this evening, just the two of you" Mogi informed.

"Hm? R-Really? Did she say what for?" (Y/n) questioned, as she doesn't remember pissing Kiyomi off at any point today. "I mean... I don't mind having dinner with her... I just wanted to know..." (Y/n) mumbled out shyly, a small blush coating her cheeks from embarrassing herself.

"Sorry, I didn't get any information, all she said is that she wanted to talk to you," Mogi said in a regretful tone. "That's alright... Tell her, to tell me the place and time..." (Y/n) informed, giving Mogi a reassuring smile. Soon she received where to meet Takada, and now all she has to do is wait.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry I have to invite you to dinner so late at night, I'm afraid it had to wait till after the 9 o'clock news was finished," Kiyomi said. "I-It's no worries... I love the pretty lights..." (Y/n) said shyly, while trying her hardest not to mumble her words.

"So... What did you want to talk to me about...?" (Y/n) questioned, as she took a small sip from her wine glass. "I'm not really sure what to answer to a question like that, I can hardly hear you, you should speak louder" Kiyomi jabbed. "So... Light must be pretty busy, how do you 3 manage?" Kiyomi answered as she is finished teasing (Y/n).

"Well... Recently... He's been under surveillance, along with Misa, so I'm not allowed near them that much" (Y/n) answered honestly, but it came out as a soft whisper. "Oh, I see, that's such a shame, I hope you're relationship with them doesn't get damaged by those complications" Kiyomi sarcastically said.

"I guess... I do too... We... We're engaged, for about a month now, I-I'm not sure... If I'm ready," (Y/n) said honestly. "Is your engagement with him not going smoothly?" Kiyomi asked, slightly wanting (Y/n) to break up with Light. "Well... I suppose not... Plus... I heard him flirting with you..." (Y/n) pointed out.

Kiyomi looked at (Y/n) in shock, or what looks like shock, but inside, she is slightly happy. "Look... I might look dumb, but I know you're happy about that... Let me tell you something, I don't want him" (Y/n) said confidently, her shyness seemingly vanished.

"Really now? Why's that?" Kiyomi asked, while possibly plotting (Y/n)'s death. "H-He has you... A pretty girl... Who's smart... Kind, and... And... Lovely" (Y/n) mumbled out, earning a blush from Kiyomi. "Are you trying to flirt with me? What would Light think about that?" Kiyomi pointed out while holding a napkin to her mouth, to hide her growing smirk.

"H-Huh?! N-No... S-Sorry... I-I'm taking my leave... You probably have a lot of work tomorrow... G-Goodnight" (Y/n) announced as she stood up. She goes to walk away, only to feel a pull on her wrist, making her turn around to see Kiyomi holding her wrist.

"I-Uhm... Let me walk you out" Kiyomi said, as she quickly lets go of (Y/n)'s wrist, an unreadable look plastered on her face. "A-Alright..." (Y/n) agreed, as she waited for Kiyomi to stand, and they both leave the restaurant. When they exited, Mogi is waiting there for (Y/n), ready to drive her home.

"Kiyomi... I hope we can be friends... I-If you don't mind..." (Y/n) offered, with a hopeful look. "Sorry, but, I didn't really enjoy our time together, but, I might see you around," Kiyomi said while feeling slightly guilty for making (Y/n) disappointed. "A-Alright... Drive safe..." (Y/n) said, only to see Kiyomi walk off without another word, a smirk on her face that (Y/n) doesn't see.

"About tonight's meeting between Takada and (L/n), they just talked about Light Yagami, and how (Y/n) doesn't want him as a partner" Lindner informed Near. "If you read between the lines, (L/n) was trying to say she is trying to get away from Light, while Takada argued which one is his lover," Lindner said.

"All I can determine is this, Light Yagami is popular with the ladies, and we know Takada adores him, while (Y/n) is being held hostage" Near informed. "Which means, that Takada will never betray him, and will do whatever she's asked by him, while (Y/n) is sending out clear signals for help," Near said, while choke holding a lego person that represents Light.

"Miskani has just taken out a notebook" Jivany suddenly whispered through the phone, cutting off Near's conversation with the Commander. "He's writing something in it, could that be it? He's getting off the train" Jivany said, as he goes to follow Miskani, only to witness the man who was harassing a woman fall over and die.