Chapter 40

"Cosme Misa, a devilish charm, and angel glittering..." The advertisement says, being drowned out by (Y/n)'s thoughts. 'That shadow... It's been bugging me...' (Y/n) thought, looking towards a corner, in that corner, a dark shadow stood in it, sometimes black crow feathers fall from it.

"(Y/n), what are you looking at? Come on, the ad is about to end" Light said, gently grabbing (Y/n)'s arm, dragging her back towards the computer. 'Huh? I don't remember being this far away from the computer...' (Y/n) thought, while looking away from the shadow, not noticing the magenta cat-slit eyes gleaming from it.

"Sorry... I guess I got lost in thought" (Y/n) said, not really lying, but also not telling the full truth. Light nodded in understanding, then arrived behind Ryuzaki, who is trying to eat the banana peel. They continue to watch the show on a side view screen, there are 6 side screens in total, and one massive screen.

Light decided to sit down, bringing (Y/n) to sit on his lap while Misa stands next to them. "(Y/n), please put Higuchi car on audio channel 1, and Sakura TV on channel 2" Ryuzaki instructed, since (Y/n) is sort of blocking Light's way. (Y/n) quickly does as she said, "looks like Higuchi is watching every minute of this from his car" (Y/n) noted.

Suddenly, (Y/n) feels a sudden chill rolling down her back, she quickly glances towards it, only to see the shadow closer to her. 'Not again! W-What does it want? No! Don't get distracted, just pretend it's not there and it will go away, like always' (Y/n) reminded, shakingly looking away from it.

Once again, when she looked away, a pair of sharp teeth gleamed from the shadows, smiling. "Rem, what do you think?" Higuchi suddenly asked, confusing Light. "Rem? Who's that?" Light asks rhetorically, trying to look for anyone in the car, only to see nothing.

"There is no one else in that car, right?" Light asked, making sure he isn't the only one who can't see Rem. "I mean, it's impossible that someone is hiding in that car without us knowing, he isn't using his cellphone, could it be hidden radio?" Light asked, trying to narrow down logical options.

"No, there aren't any radios or other devices, only the bugs, cameras, and tracking beacons that Wedy places. I have no doubt that she did a thorough check" L said, also confused on who Higuchi is talking to. "You can see her, can't you? The reaper" a deep, demonic, voice whispered into (Y/n)'s ear, making her shiver.

Ryuk chuckled, "Sebastion, what brings you here?" Ryuk questioned from behind the two, causing the shadow to "turn around". "Ryuk, what a... Pleasure. To be meeting you again" the shadow, now known as Sebastion, said to the reaper in disgust.

'Wait... Ryuk can see the shadow demon? They know each other?!' (Y/n) questioned, internally freaking out. "I think, he's just talking to himself, Light" (Y/n) commented, pretending like she isn't hearing the two entities' conversation. "If this guy were smart, he would destroy everything that connects him with his real name, before he reappeared on TV" Higuchi commented.

"It looks like it..." Light agreed with (Y/n), thinking the man has gone insane. "Don't you think, it's a little too reckless for Yoshida Productions to just let me into their office? Especially unsupervised... Maybe not... If they were was a robbery, they would figure out, right away, who did it, since I know where the key is" Higuchi argued to himself.

"I don't think he will go there..." (Y/n) commented, not liking Higuchi's suspicions, "he will go there, don't worry," L said confidently. "Even if he does have a file, Yoshida, it could be just another alias! Damnit! I wouldn't put it past this guy to do something like that, no wonder he's confident" Higuchi argued, doubting everything.

"Yeah... I already know that much myself, but just to be on the safe side, I should also kill the people I contacted at Yoshida Productions. That includes the President, Misa, and that manager of hers" Higuchi said, surprising Misa. "Wait... Misa, I thought you said you had him hooked?" (Y/n) questioned.