Chapter 41

"Rem, let's make the deal," Higuchi said suddenly, "the deal?! Who is this Rem person he keeps talking to?! Could it really be that Kira's power comes from another world? Or some being?" Light questioned, basically guessing correctly without knowing it.

"I really don't want to think that's the case" L commented, denying the idea. "Does that count as figuring it out?" Sebastion questioned, now in his "shadow demon" form. "No, we betted on if they figure out that the notebook is the killing method" Ryuk denied.

"Then what is this Rem?" Light asked, "a Shinigami? Whatever it is, we need to keep watching him, we learn nothing if we take him now, we may still be able to figure out how he kills" L said, not realizing that he guessed correctly. Suddenly, Higuchi started smiling creepily, giving (Y/n) the chills, thankfully it didn't last long as he sped off.

"This is bad, Higuchi's been pulled over by a traffic cop, I'm going to have to pass him and leave the pursuit to Aiber's team," Wedy said. "Switch on screens to Higuchi's car" L demanded, wanting to see what Higuchi is searching for, slightly hoping it's his way of killing.

"Now let's see... Where did I put it?" Higuchi wondered, trying to secretly write down the cop's name. Higuchi then sped off, leaving the cop in the dust. "Higuchi ditched the cop! He's driving away!" Mogi exclaimed through the headpiece, trying to describe what was happening.

"That motorcycle cop just rear-ended that truck! He's dead!" Mogi announced, catching Light and L's attention. "He's dead?! By accident?!" Light questioned, "this is very bad," L said, still not figuring it out. "They watched the whole thing! How did they not figure it out by now?" Sebastion questioned, not believing that humans are this stupid.

"Rem... A deal..." Light mumbled out, trying to connect the dots, "EVERYONE! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS TO ALLOW FURTHER ACTION BY HIGUCHI! LET'S BRING HIM IN! I BELIEVE HE HAS THE SAME POWERS AS THE SECOND KIRA! HE'S ABLE TO KILL, JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE'S FACE! PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN YOU MOVE IN TO ARREST HIM!" L yelled out, trying to get his point, and demand, across.

"Watari, connect me to the director of the MPA" L ordered through his computer. "This is L, we're now aware of Kira's true identity, he's currently heading from Hibia to Shibuya, along highway 1 in a red sports car. Our group will be handling the arrest, in the meantime, please instruct all officers to refrain from approaching this car" L demanded, not wanting innocents dying for no reason.

"Alright, Dad, during the next commercial, take measure 7" Light instructed, which was thankfully received. "What's measure 7?" Sebastion questioned, wanting to know the full details, but received no answer, because (Y/n) is too focused on the objective, and Ryuk finds Sebastion's confusion amusing.

"Now then, Light, let's say we go and join the fun as well" L suggested, "right" Light said with a nod, "can I join?" (Y/n) questioned, while gently being taken off of Light's lap. "No, stay here and keep watch of the cameras" L demanded, not wanting to risk (Y/n)'s life.

Suddenly, L cuffs Misa, "I'm sorry to do this Misa, but I'm going to have to make sure you're restrained for a while," L said, chaining Misa to the chair. "WHAT?!" Misa exclaimed in shock, "But that's... Stop joking around!" Misa exclaimed, only to be fully restrained to the chair.

L and Light then took off, not seeing both Ryuk and Sebastion following them. "(Y/n)!! Untie me please!!!" Misa begged, while (Y/n) sits on another chair, pulling up commands for the cameras and audio on the computer. "Sorry... I can't, even if I wanted to..." (Y/n) apologized.

~~~

The chase was unexpected, the chief was shot, and the police showed up to block Higuchi's path. They even shined a spotlight on Higuchi's car. He tried to drive for the only exit, which was under the helicopter. But his tire got shot, making him swerve into a wall.

How does (Y/n) know this is happening? Well because of the new broadcasted news, filming the whole chase down. They quickly cornered Higuchi that was crashed into the wall, in a ditch effort, he pointed a gun at his head. Only to have his gunshot out of his hand, right before he pulled the trigger.

"They... They got him!" (Y/n) said happily, Misa is also smiling, happy to finally catch Kira. But, (Y/n)'s smile slowly turned into a frown. 'It's a shame... That he wasn't the real Kira... But at least, they got the notebook' (Y/n) thought, trying to stay positive from the successful capture plan.