Chapter 21

In the morning, (Y/n) is sitting on the armrest next to L, looking through evidence, she is currently in pajamas. Last night, instead of heading home, she decided to spend the night with L. "Hair... Snot nose... Hair" L said while picking up each bag then placing them back down.

"Mr. Yagami? If I die within the next few days, your son is Kira" L said suddenly, making (Y/n) confused as she didn't tell him about Light. "What did you just say!? Ryuzaki!?" Soichiro exclaimed in offense while standing up abruptly, "Exactly, what are you talking about? Anyway?!" The younger policeman asked.

"If anything happens to me, I've asked Watari to make himself available to you, so I'm counting you," L said, while casually looking at another bag. "Ryuzaki! You said he was almost cleared, and now this?! Honestly, how much do you suspect my son?" Soichiro asked him, walking close to L.

"The truth is, I don't even know what to think anymore," L said truthfully, picking up another bag. "I've never been in a situation like this, if Kira and second Kira are working together right now, then things aren't looking good for me," L said, not bothered about his own life.

"Given that, I may not be thinking as clearly as I normally do, so I could be wrong," L said, making (Y/n) guilty for waking him up last night. "Maybe I still consider him a suspect on it because we don't have anyone else" L confessed, giving (Y/n) a head pat, to indicate that it's not her fault.

"But still... If I do happen to be killed soon, please assume that your son is Kira" L said, while the rest of the policemen stand up. 'I make no choice but to make a sneak attack, this is all a wager now' L thought, while petting (Y/n)'s head, in an attempt to comfort her, and himself.

At school, Ryuzaki is currently reading a book, and his arm is around (Y/n)'s waist as she sits next to him on the bench. "Hah! I wouldn't say that! I'd just know how to get by, that is all" Light said, being heard by (Y/n) as he nears her. His conversation stops, along with his footsteps.

"Hey, what's wrong?" A female asks, making (Y/n) look up to look at Light, only to see him harshly glaring at L. L also seemed to notice Light, moving his attention off of his book. "Ah! Hey Light!" L said with a smile, putting the book on his leg to raise his arm to wave at Light.

"How's it going?" L suddenly asked in a neutral tone, like he wasn't just happy a minute ago, (Y/n) looks towards L to see him also harshly glaring at Light. "Kumi, can we continue this later? I need a moment alone with them" Light said to the female next to him, "uh... Okay," Kumi said.

Light walked towards L and (Y/n) standing directly in front of them, "I hope she's not upset" L said, seemingly worried. "Nevermind that, is it okay to be here? Didn't you say you were afraid to appear in public?" Light asks, trying to make L leave, he didn't like that that L is with (Y/n).

"Yeah, I did, but then I realized that as long as you're not Kira, I should be safe. Plus, (Y/n) is feeling really down today, so I wanted to be here for her" L said, giving (Y/n) a side hug. "The fact is, you and (Y/n) are the only one on the outside that knows me as L," L said, releasing the hug, but not releasing his hold on her.

"In the unlikely event that I die in the next few days, I've instructed your father and everyone at headquarters to assume that you are Kira," L said, giving away his plan to Light. 'Damn him, not only does he have (Y/n), I can't kill him!' Light thought with annoyance, "besides you told me yourself that you missed having me around at school, so why not? As long as it doesn't kill me, college is a lot of fun" L said, reminding (Y/n) that he hasn't been to school before.

"I have to admit, without you around, intelligent conversation is hard to come by," Light said, basically calling (Y/n) stupid, which (Y/n) was quite offended by. "Heh, I see, not like the normies to fill the void" L agreed, "but, I have (Y/n) that fills that void, but I don't mind two people filling it," L said, making (Y/n) blush.

'I guess he is trying to guarantee safety, and the way things are, I'm playing right into his hands' Light thought in annoyance. 'First, I have to try and win (Y/n) back, it's going to be hard with L still here though...' Lights thoughts were interrupted by L, "Hey, do you want to have cake with me and (Y/n) in the cafeteria?" L asks.

"Sure, I have a break now anyway," Light said, while L gets up, along with (Y/n), who decided to walk beside L. Light walks in front of them, quite angered that he doesn't have (Y/n)'s hand in his own. "Light there you are!" Misa called, as they started walking towards the cafeteria.

"I've had a photoshoot nearby so I thought I'd come by to see you! Oh! Hi (Y/n)!" Misa said with a wave, making (Y/n), Light, and L turn to look at Misa. 'Misa, you idiot!' Light thought with a growl, 'wait, why did I say hi to (Y/n)?' Misa pondered, she really needs to get her feelings in check.

"Oh! This must be a friend of yours! He looks so different, unique" Misa said while walking up to them, deciding to stand next to (Y/n). 'Wait... I've won! Misa will be able to see Ryuga's real name!' Light thought with a smirk, but (Y/n) also thought the same, so she decided to try and block Misa's view of L.

"Oh! M-Misa... H-hi! H-How are you?" (Y/n) asks Misa, "I'm good, but I want to see your friend!" Misa said quite joyfully. 'No! I won't allow her to kill L, not without a fight!' (Y/n) thought, but then she was gently pushed aside by L. "Hi there! I'm Light's friend, Misa Amane! Nice to meet you!" Misa introduced herself.

"I'm Hideki Ryuga" L introduced, using a fake name, 'no! I didn't try hard enough!' (Y/n) thought with tears in her eyes. "Huh? Hideki Ryu-" Misa started, going to see his actual name, but (Y/n) intervened once more, trying to look calm. "Yeah! He has the exact same first and last name as the famous idol, pretty bizarre huh?!" (Y/n) asks, once again blocking Misa's view of L.

But, her attempts were useless as Misa still saw his name, making Light grin, but then he looked towards L, who has a creepy grin while chuckling. While Light is pondering about why L is laughing, Misa looks towards (Y/n), who is really close to her face, Misa then started blushing.

'W-Why does she look cuter up close? I-I like Light... R-Right? B-But... She looks so cute... So innocent, maybe he wouldn't mind having a three-way relationship...' Misa thought, with floating hearts around her. "Light? You're a lucky guy" L said, surprising Light, and catching the two female's attention.

"I have been a huge fan of yours, ever since the August issue of 18" L said to Misa, "what?! Really? That is so sweet of you!" Misa said with a smile towards L, but her voice attracted some people, which then started a crowd around Misa. "Ah! Someone just touched my butt!" (Y/n) said with an eep, jumping away from the area, and rubbing her butt.

"Ah..." L said with his hand to his face, "this is an outrage! Ah... Taking advantage of this situation is unforgivable! I will find whoever is responsible for this" L said, while getting closer to her, while ignoring Light and Misa's glares to his head. "O-Oh... Ryuga, don't do that, I thought you were some creeper, don't scare me like that..." (Y/n) mumbled out with a blush.

'How dare he touch my Goddess like that!' Light thought with a glare, 'how undignified, touching a lady and trying to play it off like it's no big deal!' Misa thought while also glaring. "Misa! It's time or were you planning on being late again?" Misa's manager asks, stepping into the crowd to grab Misa.

"No... I-I'm sorry Yoshi" Misa said shyly, "let's go!" Yoshi, Misa's manager, said while dragging Misa along. "O-Oh, okay," Misa said, making Light grin. "Bye Light, bye (Y/n)! I'll see you after I'm done with work! Miss you both already!" Misa yelled to the two, waving her arm at them with a smile.