Chapter 29

Moving into the new building was harder than expected, as (Y/n) had to convince her Mom that she is living on her own. She had to set up her own fingerprint scan, and retina scan, to get into the building. Then once in the building, she has to go in through a metal detector, while Watari watches through a camera.

Currently (Y/n) is in Misa's room, along with Light and L, apparently, they are all on a date. (Y/n) is sitting next to Misa, who is clinging onto her arm, while Light is sitting next to L, and are both glaring at Misa. "Man, this got to be the lamest date I've ever been on," Misa said in a bored tone.

"No, no, no, please, just pretend we are on a double date, okay? You with Light, me with (Y/n)" L said casually, making Light and Misa glare at him now. "By the way, are you going to eat that piece of cake?" L asks, pointing to the cake near Misa, "cake makes you fat, I'm not going to eat any" Misa said, basically calling L fat.

"Actually, I found that you don't get any weight, as long as you burn calories by using your brain," L said in a 'matter of fact tone. "HMPH! So now you're calling me stupid?! Fine then, I'll give you the piece of cake, as long as you agree to leave me, Light, and (Y/n) alone!" Misa said with a glare.

"Even if I leave you three alone, I'm still going to be watching on surveillance cameras, though it wouldn't make any difference," L said casually, making Misa madder. "You pervert! Could you stop it with your creepy hobby" Misa said with a pout. "You can call me whatever you like, last time for cake!" L said, stepping onto the table to grab the cake.

"Ryu... Don't step on the table, it's not polite" (Y/n) said to L with a shake of her head. "Sorry, (Y/n)" L said as he steps off the table, "okay then..." Misa said with a fake smile. "I'll just close the curtains and turn off the lights!" Misa said, thinking she found a loophole.

"We have infrared cameras in here as well," L said as he sits back down with his new slice of cake, making Misa mad. "What's wrong with you? I thought moving here was supposed to help us catch Kira. But since we've been here, you don't seem all that motivated to me" Light said to L.

"Maybe Misa and I should've had a one-on-one date..." (Y/n) mumbled out, but everyone heard. "No" Light and L instantly said before Misa could say yes, "aw! Why not?!" Misa asked, annoyed by the denial of a date with (Y/n). "You're right, actually, I'm depressed," L said, ignoring Misa.

When L said that, it broke (Y/n)'s heart, 'why didn't he tell me?' (Y/n) thought, staring at L with worry. "Depressed...? Why are you depressed?" (Y/n) asked him in a worried tone. "Well, truthfully, all this time I thought Light was Kira, and my entire case hindered on that fact. I guess I just can't get past the fact that my deduction was wrong" L said, as he has never been wrong before.

'If only I could tell him that he is right... Then he can feel better... But, with all the evidence leading away from Light... It's too late...' (Y/n) thought with a sad look, regretting not telling L when the leads were pointing at Light. "Don't look so worried (Y/n), I don't like it when you look all sad, I'll be alright" L said to (Y/n) in a comforting tone.

"How come you never suspected (Y/n) of ever being Kira, since she always hanged out with me?" Light asked, not trying to be offensive, but he is quite curious. "Well, simple, I've known her for years, not once has she shown that she wanted to kill anyone. I believe if she had the tools to kill someone, she wouldn't do it, she would most likely confront me and ask me what to do with it" L said with certainty.

"With the evidence we gathered, Kira's power passes between people," L said, moving away from the conversation of suspecting (Y/n). "That's an interesting idea, but if it's true, it'd be nearly impossible for us to catch Kira," Light said in realization.

"Yes, that's why I'm overwhelmed, even if we catch someone under his control, they'll likely lose their powers and any memory of their crimes. So in the end, pursuing them becomes futile" L confessed why he is so depressed, "that is a big dilemma... But how do we know if that's the case?" (Y/n) asked L.

"Yeah, cheer up would you?" Light asked rhetorically to L, "cheer up? No, I'm sorry, I can't, it's probably better if I stop trying so hard" L said, making (Y/n) also depressed with how unmotivated L is. "By chasing Kira so desperately, we are just putting our lives at risk for nothing, yes... It's just a waste of time" L said in a depressed tone.

Light noticed (Y/n) also looking sad and depressed from L's speech, so he decided to stand up to gain attention. "Ryuzaki... " Light said, then suddenly he punched L, making Misa scream. "Light?! What are you doing?!" (Y/n) shouted, standing up quickly, luckily none of the fallen items hit her or Misa.

"That's enough! You don't feel like doing anything! Just because your genius deduction was wrong and I'm not Kira?! Also, you made (Y/n) sad! That is unforgivable" Light said with a glare towards L. "Fine, perhaps I phrased it the wrong way, I meant it would be pointless for us to make a move, so we shouldn't even bother, also sorry (Y/n)" L said, even though they are in a heated argument.

"Light! Calm down!" (Y/n) said, running up to the two as Light started grabbing L by the shirt. But then L quickly pulled her away from Light, and L kicked Light in the face, making sure (Y/n) didn't get in the way. This sends them both into the couch, knocking it over.

"Guys! Stop fighting! Please!" (Y/n) said, but Misa quickly grabs (Y/n)'s arm to pull her away from the two males fighting. Misa pulled (Y/n) behind the fallen table to be out of the way, suddenly the phone rings, making them stop temporarily. "Yes?" L asked, "oh, I see..." L said, only to quickly hang up the phone.

"What was that?" Light asks, "Matsuda is acting stupid again," L said, ignoring the fact that Matsuda can hear him. "Well... That is his specialty" Light said, agreeing on something with L. But, at least it made them stop fighting, "are you alright (Y/n)?" L asks her, not knowing if their tumble caused harm to the female.

"I'm alright... Just please don't fight alright?" (Y/n) said, going up to them to check for injuries. "You both are all bruised! Stay here, I'll go get a medical kit" (Y/n) said, while going to find something to patch them up with. In the end, the fight was sort of worth it, as they got patched up by (Y/n).