Chapter 7

For those of you who've already read Chapter 5, I've edited out the part with Kimiko having water skins as she actually doesn't have Water Style.

Kimiko's P. O. V:

"Sasuke. I'm at Point B," The Uchiha states, the morning sun shining brightly overhead.

"... Sakura. I'm at Point C," Says Sakura.

"....... Naruto! I'm at Point A, believe it!" The knucklehead says enthusiastically.

Kakashi tells him with a sigh, "Too slow, Naruto." There's a long moment of silence as my teammates and Sensei wait for me to state my own position. When I don't respond right away, Kakashi prompts, "Kimiko, state your position."

"....... Oh. Kimiko, and I'm at Point D," I say in response, my tone bored, after a long pause.

"You were too slow, too, Kimiko. Move out!" Kakashi orders Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke.

A few seconds later, and Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke leap from their positions in my direction, and I can't help but feel exasperated by it, since this is just a D rank mission. I, however, just walk calmly out behind them.

A few days have passed and we've been doing nothing but D rank missions, which are like this one: missions with the least danger in them. Our mission was to capture the runaway brown cat, Tora, owned by the Feudal Lord of the Land of Fire's large wife. I don't think this is the first time he's runaway, either.

I've also bought a new outfit, much to my teammate's surprise. It consists of a black crop tank top with a white sleeveless halter neck crop top over it, a single sleeve brown vest with my Hidden Leaf Village headband tied around it and a pair of mini black shorts with a blue skirt wrapping around my right hip.

On my right hand is a black full fingered glove that goes up to my shoulder, and a forearm length full fingered glove is on my left hand. Both of them have metal plates on the backs. I have matching black pads on my right upper thigh and left shin with knee high black socks and silvery white open toed sandals with no heel.

I have my shuriken holster strapped to my left upper arm, kunai holster to my right leg, fans to my waist and my twin katanas to my back.

My teammates run after the cat but I continue to walk after them. I reach them as I hear snarling from an alley way.

Kakashi says into Sasuke's earpiece, "Can you verify ribbon on right ear?"

"Affirmative, we've got a positive ID," Sasuke says into his earpiece, gazing at Naruto who is struggling to keep ahold of Tora, the cat clawing his face off.

"Right. Lost pet, Tora, captured," Says Kskashi in a tone of astonishment. "Mission accomplished."

I wrinkle my nose as Tora continues to scratch Naruto's face off. "This is why I don't like cats," I mutter. They're fickle and tend to run away. Wolves are much more compliant and reliable.