Chapter 41

Kimiko's P. O. V:

The Uchiha's right hand is injured from training. He wears a short sleeved black shirt with a high collar, black shorts and straps wrapping around the bandages on his legs. He has tan coloured elbow guards on his elbows. There were black sandals on his feet, Sasuke's bangs have grown longer, too, in the past month.

 There were black sandals on his feet, Sasuke's bangs have grown longer, too, in the past month

Gaara says, "I told you he'd come."

Kakashi says, "Sorry we're late! You wouldn't believe the traffic!"

Genma questions as we all grin at thrm, "And, you are...?"

Sasuke glances at the Proctor as he answers coolly, "I'm Sasuke Uchiha." The crowd bursts into cheer.

Naruto huffs, "So you finally showed up after all?! I was betting you wouldn't come, because sooner or later, you'll have to face me!"

Sasuke says, "So, what about you and Kimi-chan? Did you guys win?"

"You know it! But Kimi-chin is really P. Oed with you, Kakashi Sensei."

The silverette looks to me on the viewing balcony, only to sweat drop at the sight of an angry aura swirling around me, an unimpressed look on my face.

"I'll... apologise to her after the finals," He murmurs, giving me an apologetic closed eye smile.

Sasuke responds to Naruto, "Heh! Well, don't get too full of yourself; you're still a loser." They smile at one another. "Hey!" I blink my eyes and look at the Uchiha, a little surprised he'd addressed me. "Congratulations on your victory. I knew you'd make it."

"Thanks, Sasuke-Teme! And I love the birthday gifts you and Kaka Sensei got me! Thanks guys!" I call back, a little annoyed he'd been late and almost missed his match. Sasuke sweat drops a little at what I'd just called him, though he smirks at me and the silverette sends me another closed eye smile at the last part.

Kakashi says to Genma, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, "Sorry we kept you waiting, but, uhm... how late are we? I mean! It's not like Sasuke's... well... disqualified, or anything, right?"